opposites attract

"Where have you been?"  Camille asks when magnus sits down.

He looks around the table at his five friends and says, "I was with Alexander."

"Why?"

"He's my boyfriend."  He says, then closes his eyes because he knows what is coming next.

"Why are you dating him?"  Camille says while everyone at the table rolls their eyes. "I mean you two are the total opposite of each other."

"Haven't you ever heard the saying that opposites attract?"  Jem asks.

"Yeah but don't you think those two take it a little too far?"

"Why is that?"  Magnus asks, annoyed.

"For one, you are the queen and yes I said queen of the mall dwellers and he is the king of the skate rats.  Second, you are outgoing and he never says a word. And third, you wear every color of the rainbow and he wears black."

"You know, that just goes to show you don't know everything, Alexander is just painfully shy. He's still shy around me and he's had his tongue down my throat."

"But, magnus."  Tessa says. "We would like to get to know him better."

Magnus looks at his friends and says, "ok. We will all get together for a movie night friday and I will invite Alexander."  He says as the waitress walks up to the table.

**********

"Are you sure about this?"  Alec asks as they walk up to ragnors house.

"Yes."  He says, pushing alecs hair out of his eyes.  "You will be fine. I will be right there with you."

Alec takes a deep breath and says, "ok."

Magnus smiles at him, kisses him then they walk inside.

**********

They are halfway through the movie when camille looks and alec and magnus who are sitting in the floor with magnus leaned against the couch with alec between his legs.

"So, alec, magnus asked you here with us so we could get to know you but you haven't said a word."

"Camille."  Magnus says, pulling alec closer.

"No, magnus, it's true."

"Camille,  leave him alone."  Cat answers.

"No."

"Listen."  Magnus says, leaning forward but not letting go of alec. "I would like it very much if my best friends and my boyfriend get along. Yes, i know we are the complete opposite of each other. Before I started dating alec I had never been to a skate park and he had never been to a mall. Now, I love watching him skate and I finally got him in the mall. So, if you can't accept him for the person I love then I guess we will just leave."

Camille smiles and says, "now we are getting somewhere,  he'll fit in fine."  She says, turning back to the movie.

Alec looks at magnus and whispers, "did you mean that?"

"Did I mean what?"

"That you loved me."

"Yes, i did."

Alec turns around, forgetting that magnus's friends are in the room, straddles his lap, leans down and whispers,  "That's good because I love you too."  He says, kissing magnus with everything he has.