senior carnival

"So are you going to the carnival this weekend?"  Jace asks alec while they are sitting in study hall.

"Why would i go?"

"It could be fun."

"I doubt that."

"Come on."

"Why are you so interested in me going?"

"Because clary is on the carnival committee."

"What does that have to do with me going?"

"Ok, here's the thing.  She wants to get you and her friend magnus together."

"Jace that is crazy. We are two totally different people. He is a fashion icon at this school and I am the guy that wear black and is in a rock band. It would never work."

"You never know."  Jace says as the bell rings.

**********

"Did you see where clary and jace went?"  Magnus asks alec looking around.

"Knowing them two, they are probably in the back of his van."

"True.  Would you like to go get some lunch?"

"Sure."  Alec says as they get some food and walk over to the bleachers.

"So, are you aware of clary trying to get us together?"

"Crazy isn't it?"  Alec laughs.

"Yeah, it would never work."

"You're right, it wouldn't."  Alec says, biting his lip and looking at his lap.

Magnus slips his finger under alecs chin and lifts his head up so they are looking into each other's eyes. They move closer together and their lips meet.

They pull apart after a while and magnus whispers, "I think we could give it a try."

"Yeah."  Alec says, kissing him again.

*********

"What's wrong?"  Clary asks, walking up to magnus who is sitting on the edge of the stage, shaking his head.

"The band didn't show up."

"You want me to ask jace if they will play?"

"Sure."  He says as she walks away.

Magnus waits, still sitting on the edge of the stage, waiting for clary to come back.

"Well."  Magnus says when clary and jace walk up to him.

"Alec said no."  Jace answers.

"Why not?"  Magnus asks.

"He said it was too short notice."  Jace says as magnus stands up and starts to walk away.

"Where are you going?"  Clary asks.

Magnus doesn't answer but walks up to where alec is leaning on a wall.

"How could you say no to helping me?"

"Easy."  Alec says, shrugging.   "No."

"Isn't there anything I can do to change your mind?"

Alec thinks for a second then smiling, he says, "there are two things."

"Ok."

"Why didn't you ask us to play on the first place?"

"I honestly didn't think you would do it."

"Second thing."  Alec says, smirking.

"Ok."  Magnus says, closing his eyes.

Alec pulls him close, and whispers in magnus's ear,  "make out with me."

"I can definitely do that."  Magnus says, pushing alec back against the wall and kisses him roughly.