music

"So do you have any plans for this weekend?"  Clary asks, sitting down next to magnus in English class.

"No.  Why?"

"The band jace is in has a party to play at and I'm going so I thought you might want to go."

"I don't know."

"Come on, his best friend is single."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because he's very good looking and he's looking for a good guy to treat him right."

"Oh."  Magnus says, smiling.  "I'll go."  He says as the teacher walks in.

************

When the band takes a break, jace walks up to clary and kisses her while magnus and alec stand, awkwardly staring and their shoes.

"Magnus."  Clary says when her and jace pull apart.   "This is alec."  She says as her and jace walk away.

"Hi."  Magnus says.

"Hi."  Alec says still looking at his feet.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Would you like to go outside where it is quieter?"

"Sure."  Alec says as they walk outside.

***********

"Do you need a ride?"  Alec asks magnus after the party.

"Yeah, I rode with clary but she took off with jace."

"Come on, I'll give you a ride."

"Thanks."  Magnus says, following alec.  "I've never rode a motorcycle before."

"It's easy.  Just climb on, put your arms around my waist and hang on."

"Sounds easy."  Magnus says, climbing on.

"Are you in a hurry to get home?"

"Not really."

"Good. I want to take you for a ride."  Alec says, starting his bike.

An hour later while driving on a country road and coming to a stop sign, magnus turns alecs head toward him and kisses him softly.