being stubborn

"Where have you been?"  Alec asks magdaline when she sneaks into the house.

"I was out with sammy."

"You know that on a school night, your curfew is ten o'clock. It's midnight."

"So, it's one night."

"You're grounded."

"For one night?"

"No. Since you started seeing sammy, your grades have dropped, you have had a bad attitude and now breaking curfew."

"Fine."  She says, rolling her eyes. "How long am I grounded?"

"Three months."

"Three months?!"  She says, turning to magnus. "Papa, can't you do something?"

"I agree with your father,  your punishment stands."

Magdaline makes an angry noise and storms upstairs.

********

"Where's your sister?"  Alec asks when max walks in the kitchen.

"I don't know."  He says, pouring himself some milk.

"Did you wake her up?"

"I knocked on her door but she didn't answer."

Alec takes a deep breath and walks out of the kitchen and upstairs to magdalines room.

********

"Papa."  Magdaline says, answering the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I couldn't stay there with him anymore."

"That's your father you're talking about."

"But he was being unfair."

"Magdaline, both of you are stubborn so I know neither of you are going to make the first move, so I am."

"What do you mean? "

"I mean."  He says as sammy walks up behind magdaline. "You both are going to be at our house tonight for supper."  He says, leaving.

*********

"What do you mean you invited them over here?"  Alec asks magnus.

"Alexander, she is still our daughter."

"I know but does he have to come?"

"Alexander, I have a feeling, before long, he is going to be family."

"So."

"Your parents missed so much of our childrens lives because they were being stubborn just like you are and im sure they are glad they decided to make amends wirh us. Do you want to see our grandchildren?"

"Of course I do."

"Then make up with them."  Magnus says as the doorbell rings.