paid date

"You will never believe what I just heard."  Alec says, walking up to izzy.

"What?"  She asks, nervously.

"Someone here tonight had their parents pay for their date. Can you imagine having to have your prom date paid. That would be so embarrassing."

"Then get ready to get embarrassed."

"What are you talking about?"

"Sebastian  is telling everyone that mom and dad paid Magnus to bring you tonight."

"But everyone knows me and Magnus have been dating for a while."

"Everyone is still believing it."

"Oh hell no."  Alec says, walking I to the ballroom.

*********

"Magnus."  Cats says, walking up yo him. "I think you should know that Sebastian is telling everyone that alecs parents paid you to bring him tonight."

"That's crazy. Alecs parents don't like us dating so they sure wouldn't pay me to bring him."

"He's saying it and everyone is believing it."

"Has alec heard?"

"I think so."

"How do you know?"

"Because he just walked in the room and is going straight for Sebastian."

"Oh no. I have to stop him."  Magnus says, making his way over to alec.

********

Alec walks up behind Sebastian who is talking to his friends turns him around and punches him on the nose.  When he draws back his fist to hit him again, someone grabs his arm.

"Come on, slugger."  Magnus says, holding alec around the waist and walking him out the door.

"Where are you going?"  Simon asks Izzy when she starts to follow Magnus and alec.

"To check on alec."

"Magnus will take care of alec."  Simon says as they go find their table.

"What the hell, Magnus?"  Alec asks when they stop outside.  "Why did you bring me out here?"

"Because I didn't want you to beat him up and I don't care about him but I do care about you. I don't want you in trouble."

"Did you hear what he was saying?"

"Yes, I did."

"Let's just go home."  Alec says, starting to walk away.

"Why?"  Magnus says, grabbing his hand and pushing him against the wall behind them. "If we leave then everyone will believe what he was saying  or we can go back in there and prove them wrong."   Magnus says, kissing alecand pulling him back inside.