high school undercover

"Class."  Alec hears his teacher say and he looks up from his doodling. "We have a new student.   His name is magnus. There is a seat in the back next to alec."

"Thanks."  Magnus says, making his way to the back of the room.

Magnus looks at the boy sitting next to him and smiles when he notices the blush creeping up his cheeks.

"So."  Alec says when the end of class is nearing. "Would you like to hang out after school?"

"Sure. I'd like that."

"Great. I'll meet you outside after last class."  Alec says, walking out of the room.

*********

"So where do you want to go?" Magnus asks,  walking up to alec.

"I'm sorry I forgot all about football practice. I can catch you after."

"Could I stay and watch?"

Alec smiles and says, "I'd like that."  He says as they walk to the field.

*********

"So, alec."  Izzy says, walking into his room. "Where have you been going to for the last month?"

"Out."  He answers,  pulling on his shoes.

"Where?"

"None of your business."

Izzy grins and says, "What's his name?"

"What?"

Alec sighs and knowing he isn't going to be able to distract his sister,  he says, "have you seen the new kid?"

"Yeah."

Alec smiles at izzy, walks past her and leaves her standing in the middle of his room with her mouth open.

*********

"Hey."  Alec says, walking up to the table at the pizza place and sits down across from magnus.

"Hey."

"Why wasn't you at school today?"

Before magnus can answer,  the waitress brings the pizza and pitcher of beer he ordered to the table.

"How did you get that?"

"
Alexander,  darling, I have something to tell you."

"Ok."

"I'm not seventeen like I told you.  I'm twenty-two and an undercover police officer.  I was on an assignment."

"So you lied to me and used me for your job."

""Yes. I mean no."

"So, which is it?"

"Being at the school was my job but dating you was something I didn't count on."

"So, I guess that since you are no longer on assignment,  there is no longer anything between us."

"Alexander."  He says, taking his hand.

"No, magnus."  Alec says, pulling his hand away and standing up.

"Please don't leave."  Magnus says as alec starts to leave.

Alec  turns around, walks ba k to the table, pours the beer on magnus's head and walks out.

***********

Alec tries to sneak in but as he walks past izzys room, she opens her door.

"Are you ok?"

"No."

"You want to talk?"

"Sure."  He says as she follow him to his room.

*********

"Alec?"

Alec turns around and finds himself looking into familiar green eyes.

"Magnus."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, this is a grocery store so I'm buying groceries."

"Right.   So, what have you been doing?"

"I graduated high school, got a job and me and jace are sharing an apartment.   You?"

"Working a lot."

"Seeing anyone?"

"No. I was but I lost him because I wasn't honest about so stuff.  How about you?"

"No. I made a mistake with my last boyfriend and didn't give him a chance to explain then I kind of gave him a beer bath."

"Do you think there is a chance you would talk to him and maybe work things out?"

"Yeah, i think there is still a chance for us. That is if he wants to work things out."

"I'm sure he does."

"Well, I need to let him know that my number is still the same and he can text me or call me anytime he wants."

"Yeah you do."  Magnus says as alec starts to walk away.

Before alec can walk out of the store, his phone goes off.

Of course I want to work things out. If you want to, come by my place this evening.

*********

"I'm glad you came."

"Me too."

"Please sit down."  Magnus says as the doorbell rings.

"Pizza?"

"Yeah."

When magnus sits down next to alec on the couch, alec leans over, turns magnus's face toward him and kisses him slowly.

"The pizza is getting cold."  Magnus says as alec pushes him onto the couch.

"Let it."  Alec says, pulling magnus's shirt over his head.