the first gentleman-1

"Whats wrong?" Jace asks walking up to Alec.

"What?"

"For someone who's husband just won the presidency, you don't seen very happy."

"Just got a lot to think about."

"Like what?" Jace asks, setting on the edge of alecs desk.

"Well, for one, he doesn't know that we work for the clave."

"Well, it is a secret agency. We can't tell anyone."

"What am I gonna do?"

Jace sighs and says, "I don't know."

"Thanks, Jace you are a lot of help."

********

Magnus looks up as his personal assistant walks in with a folder in his hand.

"Mr. President."

"Yes." He says, looking up.

"This is a confidential file that all incoming presidents receive on their first day."

"What is in it?"

"I don't know, sir, I don't have clearance for it." He says, laying the folder on the desk and walking out.

*********

Magnus looks up as the door opens after his assistant buzzes in his first meeting.

"Alexander?"

"Mr. President, senior agent lightwod-bane. Chief carroway had an unavoidable emergency, so I am taking his place if that is acceptable to you, sir."

"Yes, of course. Tell me about the agency that you belong to."

"Well, we are the agency that investigates and pursues all foreign and domestic threats to the country."

"I thought that is what homeland security did?"

"We handle all the ones that homeland security can't handle."

Magnus visibly pales and asks, "isn't that dangerous?"

"Yes, sir, but that is the reason we all joined the clave, to protect our country."

"Thank you for your time, agent. If I need anything else I will be in touch."

Alec nods his head slightly and walks out.