crush

"Hey, mags."  Alec says, walking up to him where he is stretching in the dance studio.

"Alexander, thought you had football practice?" 

"Coach is running late so we have about a half an hour til he gets here and jace is spending the time drooling over clary in her cheerleader skirt so I thought I would come find my other best friend."

"I'm glad you thought of me."  Magnus says, pulling his shirt over his head.

Alec shakes his head a little then swallows and says, "Yeah.  Not a problem."

Magnus,  not noticing, looks at his watch and says, "well, you might have a half an hour but I'm late."  He says, picking up his stuff and leaving.

********

"You know."  Magnus says to alec while they are making popcorn for all their friends for movie night.  "That was a pretty bad hit you took in practice today."

"I know."  Alec says, rubbing his shoulder.

"I've never seen that happen."  Magnus says,  putting popcorn in the microwave.

"I guess I was preoccupied."

"Everything ok?"  Magnus asks, turning toward alec.

"Yeah. I've just been trying to figure out how to ask my crush to be my boyfriend."

"Just ask him."

"What if he says no?"

"Alexander,  he would be crazy to say no. You are adorable,  smart and funny."

"I don't know Magnus."

"Well how about you practice on me and I will tell you what I think."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Ok."  Alec says, taking a deep breath and walking toward Magnus.   "I think I would start by gently placing my hands on their hips, like this. The I would lean in and whisper, Magnus,  will you be my boyfriend."

Magnus shivers slightly then says, "sounds perfect but you would call them by their name not Magnus."

"No."

"You wouldn't?'

"No."

Magnus leans close to alecs ear and says, "yes, I will be your boyfriend."