text mistake

"I need to talk to you."  Rafeal says, walking up to magnus who is pushed up against his locker with alec kissing his neck.

"I'm busy."

"This is important."

"Fine."  Magnus says, straightening his shirt from where alec had his hands inside it.   "What is it?"

"Alone."  Rafeal says, glaring at alec.

"It's ok."  Alec says when magnus starts to object. "I'll see you at lunch."  He says, kissing magnus.

"What do you want?"  Magnus says after he watches alec walk away.

"This."  He says, showing magnus he phone open to a text message.

Never trust alec lightwood, he lies. He has lied to magnus by telling him that he was his first. I know firsthand that he has been with girls and boys. Please pass this on to everyone.

Magnus looks up, doesn't says anything just walks away while taking out his phone.

We need to talk now.  Skip class and meet me at our spot.

*********

"Magnus."  Alec says, walking over to magnus and putting his arms around him.   "What's going on?"

Magnus pulls away and says. "I can't believe I trusted you."

"What are you talking about?

"This."  He says, shoving his phone in alecs face.

"This is crazy. It's a lie."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Why would i lie to you?"

Magnus shakes his head and walks away, saying, "we're done. I never want to see you again."

Five years later

Alec walks into his class reunion and looks around,  remembering some people but not others.  As he walks further in, he feels a hand on his shoulder.

"Magnus."  Alec says, turning around.

"Can we talk?"

"Why do you want to talk now but not five years ago?"

"I've missed you."

"I've wish I could say I didn't miss you but I'd be lying."  Alec says as they sit down at a  nearby table.

"I tried to find you after graduation."

"I went to Europe for a while. I just got back about six months ago."

"You always said you would get out of this little town.  What are you doing now?"

"I'm going to settle down and get my teaching degree.   What about you?"

"I'm a nurse at the county hospital."

"You always liked helping people."

"You seeing anyone?"

"No. There hasn't been anyone serious since you.  You?"

"No one ever captivated me like you did."

Alec stands up, takes magnus's hand and pulls him out of his chair.

"What are you doing?"

"Making up for lost time."  He says as they leave