45.Trust Me...

"If you love someone, trust them fully, just like a small child who trusts his father when he throws him up. He still smiles because he knows his dad won't let him fall ever..."

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.:

I am still lying in the same position with my back facing him. Suddenly he starts singing,

"I'm broken, you heal me.
I'm blinded, you are everything I see.
I'm dancing, alone.
I'm praying, that your love will just turn around..."

He has such a beautiful voice and on top of this, he is singing one of my favourite songs. Being unable to stop my heart and it's emotions I turned around. He then cupped my face in his palms and said, "look at me, Grey. This is just a misunderstanding. I didn't think it necessary to tell you but now I think I should have told it beforehand. Emerald has a crush on me since our childhood but I never saw her more than a little sister. When we were a teenager she tried to seduce me in various ways but I never responded. Two years back she asked me to marry her but I told her the same reason and rejected her proposal. I know what she did at lunch was just to create a misunderstanding between us. Maybe this is the only reason why she didn't attend our wedding. She is jealous of you Grey as she can't take your place in my life."

"Then where did you go with her and why did you return in other clothes?" I asked.

He smiled and asked, "are you jealous Grey?"

"No, I'm not and don't try to change the topic," I replied. Then he told me the reason why he had to drop Emerald at the mall and continued, "after dropping her I went to my sweetheart's house. Whenever I'm angry I go to her to calm myself."

"Your sweetheart? Are you seriously having an affair Kayon?" I asked nervously.

"No Grey, just have trust in your husband. I took my vows wholeheartedly and I won't go back on my words. I call Ed's mom as a sweetheart. After mom's death whenever I am too much angry I go to her to calm down. It feels as if I am with my mom. She insisted me to take a cold shower before leaving and so I took one and I came in different clothes because I am having a few clothes there as I stay there sometimes." Kayon told.

"Then how come you both came inside together?" I asked to clear my doubt.

"As I got down from my car I saw Emerald in the parking and when I came inside she followed me. I don't know why. After dinner when I was coming towards our room I heard her calling for help so I thought that she is having some problem and needs help but when I went inside she closed the door and pushing me, she too fell on me and you came. I warned her while going towards the mall but she didn't take it seriously so now I slapped her and I'm sure she won't forget my slap." He told.

"But you shouldn't have slapped her. Maybe she loves you." I told him but I felt hurt while saying so. I now understand why Aunt Clare told me that the day when Kayon informed them about our marriage Emerald got a fever and she was ill for a few days and that's why they couldn't attend our wedding. Maybe she loves him, I thought and the news of our marriage affected her health.

"If she would have loved me in a real sense then she would have cared for my happiness. She is only attracted to me. It's not her love, she only desires for me as I never saw love in her eyes. Let's not talk about her, let's talk about ourselves. Always remember Grey a relationship can survive without love but not without trust. I don't want you to give up on us. I won't ever break your heart, Grey. You are very special to me and will always remain so." He told me.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.
"Sure Cara Mia, anything." He replied.

"To whom did you refer as your dear in that black diary of yours which I found in your closet while arranging your things and in which its written, there is one girl in my life who is more precious than diamond and pearl. Her smile makes my day and that is you, my dear." I asked.

"Can't you guess Grey, it's you." He replied.

"I'm sorry Kayon. You can punish me for my mistake." I told.

"Do you believe my words, I mean everything that I told?" He asked.

"Yes Kayon, I may not be a genius at face reading but I can still tell if someone is telling a lie to me," I replied.

"So now your punishment is to sleep with me on my bed. I mean our bed." He said.

" I... I... Ca..." Before I could say anything further he lifted me and placed me on the bed. We both slept at both the corners of the bed with our back facing each other.

***

Next-Day...

KAYON'S P.O.V.:

I tried to lift my hand but something heavy was kept on it. I opened my eyes and saw Grey sleeping peacefully placing her head in my arms. A smile made its way on my lips. How I wish this could happen every morning. Last night I slept peacefully after many years and this is the most beautiful morning of my life.

Grey opened her eyes a little and instantly her eyes went wide open. Maybe due to this closeness between us. She tried to get up but I pulled her close to me and kissed her forehead before letting her go. She quickly ran towards the bathroom hiding her face in her palms. I just laughed at her childish behaviour. My Innocent Grey...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Did you like this chapter?
Do let me know your views...