16.Rejection Hurts.

"Cry at a problem and it grows double,
Laugh at a problem and it disappears
like a bubble".

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V:

It's not like I love Sam and want to marry him but still being rejected hurts. It hurts, even more, knowing you are being rejected by the person with whom you are engaged and it hurts the most after knowing that he was threatened and forced to get engaged.

I tried to remain strong but my tears betrayed me. I tried a lot to stop them but they started flowing down my eyes. Sam took my hands in his to give me comfort but I quickly snatched them back.  He sighs and look down and then he said, "I am sorry Crysti if I hurt you with my words but I said them because I don't want to keep you in darkness. You are too innocent for someone like me. It's like you are having a pure soul and mine is tainted. We can never live happily together. We never shared a special bond or anything like that but still, my heart doesn't agree to marry you as it knows that it will break yours by betraying you."

He is just being honest with me but why now? He could have told me before our engagement. Now I decided to tell him my views. So I said, "look, Sam, it's not just you but I was also forced to get engaged to you by emotional blackmailing. What else can be the reason that someone like me will readily agree to get engaged to a playboy like you? I wanted to become an interior designer but my parents didn't let me fulfil my dream. I left my dream just because of this stupid arrange marriage thing. I tried to make them understand but they didn't listen to me and so finally I had to agree to get engaged to you.

A wide smile spread on his lips on hearing my words and he said, "so you are not heartbroken and here I was thinking that after our engagement you might have taken interest in me. Now as we know that the feeling is mutual we'll have to find a way to end this engagement without letting my dad know that I told you the truth."

I felt as if half of my burden is lifted off my shoulder. After our food arrived we ate heartily even after our bitter confession.

Now I am only worried about how to convince dad for Kayon and my marriage.  I didn't tell Sam anything about Kayon. Kayon is better than Sam in every way. Sam is nothing as compared to Kayon. Let Sam assume that even a simple girl like me can be loved by the smartest and handsome man.

LOVE... my heart, felt a slight pain at the mention of this word. Maybe this word isn't made for me. I am sure Kayon is marrying me for some reason and it can never be love. As a heartless and selfish person can never feel such a beautiful feeling.