4.7 Promise

"Lily, we will have our guests tonight. You need to prepare yourself." Shout mom from downstair and I hissed in annoyance.

"No. I am busy mom. I have exam tomorrow." I reasoned shouting back from my room and I could heard foot step. It must be mom. Ready to explode.

"Since when you care at the exam huh? Just make sure you will behave well okay." Mom said looking at me who's laying lazily on my back. "Marco is important for me."

"More than me?" I asked and looking at her back.

"Don't be ridiculous." She chuckled and start to walk and sat beside me. "You are my one and only, Lily."

"Then why cant you just break up with your boyfriend because mom, every man are the same. They will hurt you again. And I must do it again." I spoke and she looks at me sadly. Feeling sorry. And I don't need it. I just want her to stay single forever. Just her and me.

No man, no cry.

"Darling, I can assure you that he is a good man. He will be a good father for you, he too has a daughter. You will have sister baby. You always want sister right?" She caressing my hair and kissing my forehead. "I am sorry that I make you did that, I really want you to have another man as father but I cant bring myself to hate the wedding with him."

"Why?" I pout.

"Because I can have you." She spoke again make my heart aches.

"No mom. Its better for me to not be born on this world rather than you being abused." I took her hand and kiss her hand.

"Its not important now. What in the past let it in the past, lets have the brighter future." I nod and smiling at her. I can't be more happy to have such a mother like her. "But now, be ready because Marco will arrive in an hour."

Can I take my words back?

--
"Hi." I look up from my phone and see the girl that man bring to my house smiling at me? Who the hell allowing her to entering my room?

But her eyes full of hope make me melting. So I shrug it off and nod at her.

"Can I sit here?" She pointed at the sofa beside me. I nod again and began to type again.

"Lily, you don't like my father right?" And I stops playing with my phone, looking at the innocent black hair girl beside me.

"Yes." I cant lie.

"Why? My father is a good man. The best father in the world."

"My father was a good man too."

"Really? You must be sad that you have to lost him." SHE looks so sad and touching MY hand carefully which is strangely calming MY heart.

"Not really." I responded and took my hand back, playing hard to get. Maybe his father use Yuqi as a bait for me to give my blessing for their said married. "He is a bad man."