Chapter 4:

Donovan's Pov:

"Valerie what did I fucking told you? Get those bastards out of my property"

I said with a calm face but my voice is laced with venom, enough to make my other secretary's whole being tremble.

" I'm sorry sir, I did what you said, I already called the police to get rid of the mob outside "

Valerie informed me with a stutter. I sighed and slumped back on my swivel chair, a plan forming my head.

" Those bastards are reporters, correct? "

Valerie nods her head vigorously that I wouldn't be surprised if she decapitates her own head from that action.

I nodded once in response.

" And what are they doing outside my company? Stepping on my fucking land? "

Valerie audibly gulped before opening her mouth to answer.

" They wanted to interview you about the incident yesterday sir with Alicia. "

I hum in response. I guess there's no other way but to pull my cards out. They scavenged the wrong carcass because I am far from a defenseless carcass, I've got a lot of connections to pull and I'll make sure my revenge will bite those damn vultures in the ass.

" Identify every single one of them, contact every publishing company they work, pay the owner but in return make them fire those idiots. "

" S- - sir? "

" You know damn well Valerie, I despise repeating myself. "

She straightened up and nodded her head twice to confirm her understanding of my command.

I didn't bother myself to reply, instead I turn my swivel chair towards the glass wall of my office overviewing the world under my empire.

Funny how you can pull anything in just a matter of seconds because you have fucking money.

Humanity really is a greedy being.

My peace was cut short when suddenly my double doors slammed open and someone barged in unannounced.

" Well hello there son, tebe nuzhno mnogoye obʺyasnitʹ ( you've got a lot of explaining to do) "

I slowly turn my swivel chair to face my mother.

Clad in expensive jewelries and outfit, a 56 years old Katerina Chaidovsky De Roux is standing before me, green eyes opposing my blue ones, perfectly reminding me of some bastard I wanted to forget.

I look away from my mother and look down to her outstretch hand holding a phone.

" Well the article you read already explained everything, what can I possibly add more? "

I said sarcastically, my mom rolled her eyes, cross her arms over her chest and tap her high heels on the floor, indicating her impatience.

Instead of answering her or even uttering a word, I collected the stack of papers in front of me and started reading and signing.

As predicted just a few seconds of waiting for someone to break the silence first, my mother gave in.

" I don't know what got into your head that day but that woman deserves some respect! She is made for you Donovan! She's sophisticated, talented, smart and most of all she's beautiful! What else are you looking for? That woman got all that! "

" You forgot to add that she drives and accompanies you from your shoppings to parties. And I think that one had the greatest point because obviously she's far from everything you describe about her. "

I said without looking up from the papers. But I can sense my mother pacing in front of my table, probably massaging her temples, classic.

" Son listen, that woman is everything that I wanted for a daughter in law. "

" And you think just because you wanted her to be a daughter in law, I also wanted her to be my wife? ridicolo! ( Ridiculous! ) "

My mom remained silent for seconds but then proceeded again to run her mouth.

" But son - - - - "

" You really think that I deserve a whore for a wife Ma? If yes then I'm sure as hell, I'm gonna die alone for the rest of my fucking life. "

I looked up at her coldly for a second but continued again to sign the papers.

" Don Alicio is pissed because of what you did to his only daughter, I hope you can handle his wrath. "

I chuckled darkly.

" Even an ant have the ability to sting me but that little critter wouldn't even land a scratch on me, that dirty little Senator is just under the soles of my feet Ma, and I can crush the living shit out of him if I wanted to. He better not cross me. "

My mom only shake her head in response and walk out if my office without a single word.

Finally a damn peace of mind.

MISS FUJIMA'S NOTE:

VOTES AND COMMENT MGA MAMBABASA!