Chapter 60:

SOMEONE'S POV:

"What is it this time Valerie? "

With an annoyed sighed he looked up from the mess of paperworks na kanina pa niya binabasa na halos maduling na siya, dagdagan pa na andaming appointments niya sa mga taong gustong makipag-negotiate sa kanya.

" Señora Monica is here to see you Sir. "

Takot na imporma ng kanyang secretary, halata sa mukha nitong pinagilatan ito ng mama niya at alam na alam ni Donovan kung bakit.

" Let her in. "

Yun lang ang sinabi niya at ibinalik niya na ang atensyon sa di matapos tapos na trabaho niya. The only good thing in his entire day was his decision not to drag Sandy today, si Spencer muna kasi ang isinama niya. Hindi pa kasi ma-alis alis sa isip niyang pinakain siya ng pancit canton kahapon ng babae and the fact na inubos nito ang groceries niya kaya initusan niya muna itong mag grocery ngayon. Pinigilan niya kasing magpadala ng grocery ang mama niya para naman maparusahan niya ang ubod ng takaw na babae.

He was not surprised anymore when suddenly the door of his office slammed open. He glanced for a second to her fuming mother but immediately returned his attention to his work.

" I can't believe it! I'm your mother Donovan! Why do I have to make an appointment to see you?! "

On that very moment he was attempted to roll his eyeballs but refrained himself, hinayaan niya na muna itong magtalak.

" And the nerve of your secretary! Para paghintayin ako sa labas! That woman knows who I am! I - - - - "

" That was my order Ma, Valerie was just doing what she was told. "

Pangangatwiran ni Donovan sa inang nag-ngi-ngit ngit pa rin sa inis.

" And why would you do that to your own mother?! "

His mother added, ngali ngali siyang sabunotan ang sarili, kanina niya pa kasi binabasa ang document na nasa kamay niya at dahil sa pagtatalak ng mama niya hindi niya halos maintindihan ang binabasa.

" I've got a lot of documents to examine and sign Ma just spill what you gotta spill, I don't have spare time. "

He's a little bit guilty with the way he was treating his Mom, ayaw lang talaga niyang maisturbo during working hours because one wrong decision, one wrong move he knows it's gonna be a potential loophole for failure and downfall.

His mom sighed.

" Your brother's home. "

Walang patumpik tumpik na imporma ng mama niya.

He was stunned, that it took him seconds to process those three simple words. Everything came crushing down on him like a bucket of ice cold water. Memories that he thought he buried in the back of his mind and would never surface again.

He shivered in disgust.

Flashback:

Donovan was a freshman in college at Del Rodrigo College an exclusive private school.

" Hey Nerdo where do you think you're going? "

" Library"

Donovan said without any trace of emotion.

Donovan was a nerd when he was in college, he doesn't care about popularity, fame and most especially girls, all he cared about was getting high grades and aiming for a latin honors. His focus was fixed on building his own business empire. Without inheriting anything from his parents, it may sound a bit arrogant but that's his principle from the very start, he wants to thrive on his own.