But my legs somehow mercilessly carried me to a random deserted bus stop, after running possibly five miles. My weak knees fell down onto the freezing metal of the seat. The dirty lights hanging above were flickering, and weren't helping me with trying to see the street sign.

Useless, I waited. For what? I was still unsure myself.

   The pounding of my heart was unsteady and kept ringing through my ears, making it difficult to concentrate on what had happened. Goosebumps formed on my skin despite sweating and all the running I had done. Of course, I left my jacket on one of the coldest nights of November.

   Suddenly, a glow of headlights comes into my direction. For a second I prayed it was help, but to my loss, it was the bus coming to its schedule stop.

   The roar of the engine became closer, rushing air to my face even more while it was in reaching distance. I raised my hand over my eyes that were blinded by the shinning lights. Squealing of the tires had stopped, I didn't think about it any further.

I took a cautious step, seeking over to see if there was anyone on the bus. There was a punk in the back, an African woman, and a business man. Giving my change to the bus driver was easy with my trembling hands, but asking him where this bus was taking me was harder. Impossible actually, my vocals just couldn't do it. Especially with the amount of anxiety already built up within me, and my bones stiffed as could be.

   The coldness of the window felt good on my head when I lay against it after taking a seat. I was emotionally drained and my wearily eyes felt like they had weights tugging on them. My mind couldn't take the rush of thoughts of having war between each other.

   Just by the whiff of the air surrounding me made me cringe and only made me hold myself tighter. There was gum sticking to the back of the seat in front of me, and the amount of dirt that was clear to see scared me at the thought of all the dirt that I couldn't see. But I had more things to worry about anyhow.

   It was inevitable when sleep took over my mind, I was exhausted, and had little strength left in me.

.:.:.:.:.:.

   My aching body took a harsh jolt, waking me up from the movement. At first I had no clue to where I was, but when the smell of the nasty air and the rows of seats before me hit my senses, I realized where I was.

   With just one glance out of my window, I see towering buildings, and everything else was just blackness. This all was frightening and it was best to get off here.

   Once I was off, alone and cold, I was shaking terribly. I was in the heart of Baltimore, and with my luck, the bad side of it.

   I could feel the lurkers creeping around in the unilluminated allies while my feet dragged across the damp sidewalk, passing by stores that were gated up, and other office buildings as far as I could tell. Holding myself close with my arms tightly around me, I jumped out of my skin when a startling sound screeched into my ears.

"Holy shit," I said breathlessly, relieved it was a stray cat skulking around who ran into a miscellaneous trash bin.

   My shadow followed me by my side as I walked pass the yellow lights of the streets, it was quite dead here. No one around me, just me, all alone to myself. I couldn't tell if I liked being here all alone with no one around rather than having a side walk filled with pedestrians.

    But strangely, there was something telling me over and over again to not let my paranoid-self let its guard down. My wandering eyes were alert, looking at everything possible looking at my way.

   I hastily turn around when I felt a shadow pass around me, and fearful tears began to immerge from my eyes. There was of course nothing to see but the flickering of another broken street light that gave off a yellow tint.