The Green Queen's Castle

Al walked through the woods tiredly. His pale body was bruised and scratched, dirt covered him lightly with leaves and one twig caught in his hair.

He sneezed from the cold moving the scarf away so it didn't get dirty. He sighed a deep and heavy sigh ready to fall and give up.

But he kept going knowing it wasn't worth dying for. He looked down, light bags under his eyes, he saw the forest path turn into a nature path. With a glance forward he saw the light of the exit and smiled.

Walking with a wobble he continued exiting the forest at last.

He looked up from the ground and saw an enormous castle filled with only nature.

Vine and leaves, more trees and flowers with shrubs and bushes. A water way went into the castle and came out another way.

Another water way came out and another did the same. The castle was against and even larger mountain that perhaps could see even the phoenix's nest.

Al looked at the entrance and saw the tail sway, the ears fixed and the grin. He could see the Cheshire smile.

With sudden happiness he straightened himself seeing the person he missed.

Cheshire noticed him before he saw he stood there.

"Cheshire!" Al ran to him leaping into his arms joyfully.

Guards with a green clover on their shield greeted him as well.

"You're okay!"

" Great, but what happened to you?" Cheshire said seeing how messy he was,

"S-so many, and this phoenix, and her children, crying and the woman, her armor and this firefly, she was here, here," he said it all in one go and looked back seeing that he came with no one suddenly it hit him,

"The woman!" Al said now crying,

"The woman?" Cheshire repeated,

"She was fighting! Those things surrounded her, so much killing and blo-" he panicked and became nauseous.

Cheshire helped him to calm down.

"Take a deep breath, it is alright now." Cheshire assured him,

"But she might still be fighting! She might still be alive!" He said tears in his eyes.

"Alright, sssh, it's okay," Cheshire eased his worry. "Go scout the land until the planes, don't go alone send three teams of twenty." He told the guard who saluted and went inside as twenty guards rushed passed them.

Cheshire led him inside slowly. They went up to a free room and let him in the bathroom to freshen up.

Once he came out nice and clean he gave the scarf back it was the only thing that stayed clean.

Cheshire looked at him, under Al's eyes were red from crying he narrowed his eyes,

"Keep it," he stood up from the bed and lay him down with the scarf and all.

Al had no will to fight. He was tucked right in and left to be calm.

He looked at the scarf, stripped slight shades of some sort of pink-purple.

He turned to his side and held it tightly closing his eyes and falling right asleep.

Al awoke to voices within the room, he opened his eyes to see Cheshire and a doctor siting at the tea table in the room.

They had some tea and cake with them. Cheshire's ear turned and he looked.

"You're awake." He said getting up quickly and going to him as he sat up and coughed.