Cheshire's Demons

Vaan watched the massive tar beast slamming countless times into the barrier he put up.

He couldn't help but look away and hear Al's voice in the distance.

He knew they were fighting now. He could hear the army against the dark ones.

Calmly, swiftly he moved and formed another seal on the barrier.

He turned walking away. The cat beast roared with all its might and went on over and over.

Vaan opened a door, a breathtaking garden flourished to his very step.

He smiled bringing everything back to life. The fountain began and water poured down into the streams and ponds.

The dead fish had revived and the flowers bloomed.

He walked over to a stone tablet grabbing it from it's green vine home.

"I, Vaan Keeper of the Green Garden," he held the tablet over a royal table where six empty tablet beds lay.

"Humbly swear to forever keep this part of the domain alive." It was in a large golden room where a statue of a goddess stood tall.

"With my life, until it is taken, I will protect his Majesty.. and all who enter this domain." He vowed to the goddess.

He pushed the tablet onto one of the spaces on the golden stone tablet.

It shined and a green light sealed it shut. A green nature symbol appeared over the tablet bed shining.

Vaan smiled, "You've accepted me again..." he smiled.

In front of the tablet bed was a pond of water. A transparent bubble of clear blue water appeared and inside was Al.

"Al.." he said, he bowed before the tablet bed he stood in front of. "You may not be him... I but greatly wish you were." He said sadly.

Vaan left the room the massive door closed behind him as he stood and bowed again out of respect.

He walked down the hall and saw the barrier.

He returned to the Cheshire matter and sighed, "Have you calmed yourself?"

The beast lay down growling. Vaan smiled, he placed a hand on the barrier and walked right in.

"You.." he said and the beast charged at him, he jumped up dodging the head on hit, "are causing master trouble!" The vines came out plunging into the beast's neck.

It cried out, black blood poured down everywhere and Vaan landed on its head.

"Master Cheshire?" He looked into its eyes, "Are you in there?" He asked and slapped the eye childishly.

The beast growled. It tried to throw him off angrily bleeding.

"Hm.." the vine dove deeper as more came out from his lower back and dove into its skin like piercing needles.

Vaan heard nothing signifying Cheshire. He closed his eyes as the vine forced out many smaller ones.

It was then when he heard a cry of pain.

"Master!" Vaan said and pulled the vines all out. "So you are in there."

He said and jumped off as the beast went into crashing course in to the wall.

Vaan saw it shake its head off.

"Vaan," a woman's voice echo. He heard it and sighed.

"Bell, I am not the one who you should be speaking with if you wish to be revived." He said and jumped onto the ceiling.