White Rabbit

Hatter sat at the tea table with Al drinking tea and eating cake. Alice was out on the balcony enjoying her time in this world again as she did when she was younger an more imaginative.

Cheshire played with a yarn ball, the maids an butlers were excused for the week, they could do anything they wanted.

Adam was out in the balcony laying in the sun hair getting some sun.

"My, my, what a beautiful house!" Hatter said complimenting everything.

"Yes, well, it does belong to Alice after all." Al said.

"Ah, and you knew Alice was the goddess?"

"From seeing her, I could just tell!" Al chuckled.

"If it is not too much to ask, Al.." Hatter said, "Would you please tell me of yourself? I feel your story is a little confusing still."

Al smiled and chuckled again sipping his tea.

"For a very long time, she watched over me." He began.

"When my mother died.. Alice was the one who took care of me. Fed me, bathed me, she did everything for me. But when she died I was torn apart.

I suppose that is what made my sickness active. I couldn't move or barely breath. Alway, I felt tired and weak.

Soon it got worse. My father was killed a year after Alice passed away.

My sickness got worse and eventually I became too tired to move.

Then I saw him, the white rabbit. Then I ended up I wonderland."

He said it with breaks in some sentences.

Cheshire knew all this already but he still rested his head on Al's lap as Al petted him.

"I found a cat, sometime before Wonderland, though, I named him Cheshire." Al said. "And here is Cheshire himself.."

"What ever happened to the cat?" Hatter wanted to know more.

"It was hit by a car." Al said thinking about it, "It shivered.. its tall was a puffy mess, blood covered it. It had assumed instant death in that state."

Hatter nodded listening. He was fascinated by Al. His hair and eyes, sad smile and hair.

Everything seemed to overly excite him.

He touched Al's hand grabbing it from his cup and held it. Al looked at him.

"Al." He said softly in a whisper. "You're story is not over yet." he said and laughed insanely.

Cheshire narrowed his eyes and closed them. His ears went down and his tail stopped swaying.

The time around him stopped. Everything stopped. Al was the only one that could move.

He looked around the room and outside to Alice who also had been frozen in time.

He felt a breezy wind, one smelling if cookies. He stood up slowly moving from under Cheshire.

The world was still, everything was quiet. Al walked out onto the balcony.

A rabbit stood in front of him. All white with silver-red eyes. It tilt its head and stood on its back paws.

"Rabbit?" Al said, it wore a fancy vest and held a watch in its hand.

It grew into a man around Cheshire's height with white hair and bunny ears.

A fluffy bunny tail wiggled from under the growing vest and the man smiled nervously.

"Forgive me," he said in a low calm voice with a hint of nervousness. "For pushing you some time before." his accent was like the others but he was much more formal.

Al shook his head in understanding, "Don't apologize.."

"I was not suppose to see you until you came back to Wonderland.." the rabbit man said, "But I was so excited, I could not wait."

He rewinded a pocket watch nervously and took a step back as Al moved toward him.

"I-I.. uh.." he hesitated.

Al stepped and a circle formed around the bunny man on the cement balcony floor, he swallowed hard seeing that Al wasn't stopped by it.

A clock appeared under in the circle around the bunny and Al stepped right into it.

A warm wind blew. He felt the heat of Wonderland and smiled looking at the rabbit.

"You are... the White Rabbit of Time." Al realized the truth.

His eyes wide in fascination. He touched the pocket watch in Rabbit's hands and his hair went up in wind.

Slowly he lift off the ground.

"You're here.." Al said and the bunny grabbed his hands quickly not letting him fly away in the strong breeze.

"To kill me." He said.

In Rabbit's eyes were tears. They flew away from him every time he blinked.

"But.. I do not ever wish to hurt you." Rabbit assured him.

Al pulled himself to Rabbit, his wings burst out his back as time started.

Everyone up and turned or went out into the balcony.

Clocks appeared everywhere.

Cheshire knew he couldn't do anything.

Al touched his nose with Rabbit's and smiled, "I'm ready to die!" he said and let go before their lips touched.

Rabbit reached but when Al let go, his wings took air and he blew upward with the breeze.

He disappeared into the cloudy sky guided by the light of the glowing sun.

Rabbit was left reaching out for him. He closed his eyes and kissed his hand softly.

Al had taken his glove revealing a clock on his hand.

"Al.." Rabbit said softly.

-

Al opened his eyes.

-

"Your story, Al.."

-

He felt the warm air and the warm glowing gold clouds around him.

-

"Is not over."

-

Al's eyes shined, his pupils gold and his eye color a dark silver-blue.

-

"You are a king, Al, but not just any king."

-

A small crown lay on his head. He sat up seeing a massive gate with the word "VALHALLA" on it.

-

"You are the king that will save Wonderland... from ruin."