Daimah of the Demon Clan

Cheshire now carried Al in the front holding him like a child.

He didn't say anything or do anything. His ears were still down and his tails swayed slowly.

The children around them played with them trying to catch them but their reaction time was too slow.

Behind him was Lestia who stayed close. Her eyes narrow and her head lowered staring at the floor.

They walked as they did from the time before but they gradually slowed down their pace.

She glanced at Cheshire who still didn't look back at her or even gave her Al.

He kept him close not once letting him go or letting the kids touch him.

The group of men still followed feet behind them but nowhere in sight. It was a quiet walk.

One of tension and heaviness in the air, Lestia smiled as one of the children handed her a demon flower that snipped at everything it could get its grip on.

Al stirred a little and Cheshire tightened his grip on him.

His hand was under his shirt on his back keeping him from awaking up.

He had put him to sleep using one of the old bedtime story techniques.

Lestia moved the children away who ran back to their mothers after being so far. She walked closer to Cheshire and smiled.

"Would you like me to hold him?" She asked,

Cheshire shook his head not saying a word. She frowned to his silence and looked at Al who's face was hidden by the scarf dove in Cheshire's neck.

She put up the barrier again sensing the men creep closer. Cheshire didn't get angry or even try.

Soon they came upon a small house. A rather large house making it mansion. Lestia knocked on the door while Cheshire kept Al asleep.

They heard things crash and people yell. Glass shatter and a woman stomping down some stairs screaming at someone else.

They waited a moment before the door opened, a maid smile and bowed, "Do come in."

Her voice was calm and she was rather silent the rest of the way.

She led them into a dinning hall where they were fed. Into a room to settle then out to the comfort room where Cheshire lay Al down on the couch and he himself sat down near him on a lounge chair.

Tired and calm he sighed and looked at Lestia who smiled sitting near Al too in a comfy chair.

She moved away some hair from his face and smiled seeing that he moved to her touch.

Cheshire narrowed his eyes unable to help but feel an uneasiness.

The door opened and they looked. A woman in a traditional short kimono walked in.

She had toe socks on and bells at the ends of her sleeves. She had long sleeves and even hair with keen kind gold eyes.

She saw them and stared.

"Ah, this isn't Manelipy!" She yelled at the servant. "TThat's Al, Lestia and Cheshire!-" she paused and stared some more.

He saw Al sleeping on the couch and Cheshire sitting in the lounge chair.

"Cancel everything for today, it seems I have a more important matter on my hands." She closed the fan she had in her hand to fan herself.

The maid bowed and quickly ran to do as told.