Flying with A Phoenix

Al looked over the edge and swallowed his life.

"F-fall?" He asked looking down.

The fall was seamlessly dark. He stood in Sophitia's nest with her three children.

Cheshire held him from falling in accident.

"You have wings, it's about time you learned to use them," Melodi said.

His wings opened and the baby Phoenix's wings opened too, they copied everything he did.

He jumped seeing them mimic him and they jumped too, they were at least five feet tall already.

He smiled an they smiled, he flapped his wings and they did too.

"For the most part it looks like you can control them, that's a good sign," Melodi said writing something down on a leaf.

"Lesson number one," Sophitia flew up from her dive. "Wings open," she directed them.

Al opened his wings and the babies did too.

"Step two, flap," she landed on the mountain tip and flapped her wings, clouds cleared and she stood mighty.

Al moved his wings referring to her's and the babies copied.

"More," she said and she slowly lift from her grasp of the mountain.

They did the same. Cheshire held Al so he would fly and fall. The babies flapped their wings and squealed from amazement.

"Good, now feel the wind, fly!" She dove down closing her wings and falling, her babies did the same seeing the Al flapped his wings over the edge of the nest.

He closed his wings and fell, Cheshire had let him go.

They babies fell down and around him. They played and laughed with him.

He opened his wings and the babies did too. Cheshire jumped down in case he didn't fly.

Melodi watched as he tried to do what Sophitia did.

"Move, Al!" She flapped her wings, he did too and suddenly he caught the wind under them.

He shot back up taking flight, the babies flew next to him cutely arguing who should be closer to him.

He laughed and flapped his wings, Sophitia came banking to his left,

"It's so easy!" He said happily.

"Flying is a relaxing thing," Cheshire landed on her back and crawled to her head laying down.

"It's also a battle style." He added, his sway swaying and his ears up getting the good breeze.

Al took a right and realized one of the babies were gone,

"Bo!" He called seeing only two of them, Sophitia stopped and flew counting her children.

"Bo, where have you gone-" and arrow shot through the two babies and they flew panicking, "No!"

She took a sudden drop and grabbed them in one claw the noticing Bo falling.

She flapped her wings and Al shoot down faster than her, he passed her and grabbed it removing the arrow and covering the wound.

Sophitia caught up grabbing them both.

Cheshire climbed down to he claw as she flew up steadily.

He grabbed Al keeping him close, Melodi brought out her aid kit as Sophitia let her children onto the nest.