Demon Clan

Al awoke on Cheshire's back. Cheshire noticed he was awake but said nothing.

Lestia led them through a dense dark forest. The black shadows followed them closely behind.

"Mm." Al hugged Cheshire from behind even tightening his legs around him.

Cheshire let go and Al held himself up letting him now rest his arms.

"I'm sorry.." he whispered to him feeling like a heavy burden.

"Don't be," Cheshire said, "It's my job to take care of you." He smiled, "You aren't heavy so it makes it a lot easier too."

Al stirred a little and straightened so that his chest was aligned with Cheshire's back.

"I'll get heavy eventually.." He sighed softly and leaned on him more.

Cheshire followed Lestia who stopped at a fork in the road. They watched her do exactly what Cassie would do.

"Uh.." she looked left, "Uh?" she looked right and looked at the map.

Al dropped down onto his feet getting off Cheshire.

He held his hand like a child would and grabbed Lestia's hand taking her right before she went left.

She looked at him and he only walked forward watching the road.

Soon they were back to track toward the Diamond King's castle.

He walked next to Cheshire realizing how tall he was. He only stood at Cheshire's shoulder being as thin as he is yet shorter.

"Cheshire?" He said,

"Hm?"

"How tall are you?" he asked,

"6'3'', why?"

"... Oh," Al looked away jealously and Cheshire smiled putting his arm around his shoulder.

"You're not that short," he said and Al blushed embarrassed, "Then comes the factor that I am older than you are."

Al made a pouting face, "You never told me how old you were.." he said.

Cheshire realized and laughed hesitantly. His ears twitched and his tail swayed side to side slowly.

"Well.." he said and looked away, "It depends on which years you ask for," he said.

"Which years?"

"Wonderland and your world are different, they are measured by different times." He said,

".. Time is an unlimited factor.." He said and looked at him.

"I was born before you were," he added,

".... B-before?"

"From what I know, Cheshire, are you not 24 in human years?" Lestia looked back asking.

"Well.." he said and looked at Al who stopped in a sense of froze shock.

"T-t-t-twenty-y-y-four!?" he stuttered it unable to confirm it.

"I-I'm actually 124 in these years! So it's okay!" Cheshire said trying to make it better.

"That's worse!!!" Al yelled snapping out of it. "Y-you're so much older.." he said with a sigh.

Cheshire smiled, "It's not that far from your own age, oh," he thought about it and looked at Al.

Al looked at him too still having his pouting face.

"You're so young!!" Cheshire complained.

"Y-young!?" Al said offended.

"It's a four year difference!!" Cheshire yelled aggravated.