Unwritten Pages

Al helped Cheshire he leaned all his weight toward Al unable to move with a broken ankle.

The carelessness of his fight with the twins caused a few bones to break.

Even his jaw from the scream ached. He couldn't felt his left arm or even his left leg.

He felt striking pain everywhere.

They were reaching the end of the long hall, the grams had long since stopped appearing.

Al's eyes were red with tears. His throat hurt and his chest ached.

Blood dropped to the floor and Cheshire saw it.

Tracing it up he saw that it came from Al's left eye.

"Al."

"I know.." he whimpered. The pain struck him shortly after. "Ugh.."

He fell down with Cheshire, "Al-"

"I'm fine.." his eye bled more and he closed it.

The pain was like a piercing knife stabbing his eye and chest.

Yet he couldn't do anything.

He forced himself to stand up and to continue walking. Cheshire felt weak, he felt as if a puppet. He stepped and stopped.
"Al." Cheshire said knowing his ribs were puncturing his heart slowly and with every movement he did.

Al didn't reply knowing what he was going to say. He didn't let him go, he didn't even try.

"Leave me behind." Cheshire said. His tail had broken and he had no balance, an ear was chopped and the ring had been pulled out.

"No." Al said, more tears in his right eye.

"Leave me,"

"No!" Al said and still went on.

He felt his own body start to weigh down. And soon he and Al both fell.

"Al, I'm no use to you anymore." He smiled sadly, "Leave me here.."

Al cried, his eye bleed as he did. Cheshire watched him, his vision blurred and his hearing had gone.

"Leave.. me.." he whispered and his voice faced.

Al didn't look at him, he leaned forward on his knees pressing his head against the floor crying.

"Why?" Al cried, "Why me!?" He hit the ground the tile split between the impact.

His heart ached and he cried.

He looked at Cheshire who didn't move. His eyes were open and a smile was on his face.

Al moved slowly to him, a massive pain shot throughout his body not allowing him to move.

"Cheshire.." He cried. A healing bubble emerged over Cheshire trying to heal him.

"Cheshire.." he sobbed.

Along Cheshire's name on the picture frame formed the word "REST". It glowed and sealed just as it did for Din and Dil.

-

Anguish filled him, he still cried, he was hurt feeling the pain as he walked.

His heart beat rapidly, he couldn't control his tears or his breathing.

His legs ached and his chest was tight. His eye had stopped bleeding and now blood stained his cheek.

His right eye had tear stains and was red under from crying so much.

He held Cheshire's scarf in his arms. He tried to pull him but couldn't, he tried to take the twins but couldn't.

Feeling so helpless he lowered himself and sat down taking a breath trying to calm himself.

But the burden was too much to handle. He stood again and went on seeing the door exiting the hall.

He knew they would be safe, nothing would eat them so long as they were in there.

Opening the door he walked out slowly.

He smelled the freshness of a green world. He looked around and cried more.

"Cheshire!" He sobbed.

The book he kept close lay on the floor in front of him as he dropped to his knees falling to his side.

He'd walked for what seemed to be forever. His chest was tighter and his heart beat rapidly.

He couldn't breath through all the crying he did.

The book had unwritten pages. Empty and blank pages. His story was still far from ending he looked at it tiredly.

He kept Cheshire's scarf close.

"What do you want from me!?" He screamed at it.

The book listened with open ears. The pages turned in the wind and settled down again.

"You've taken everything!!" He sobbed.

He knew it wouldn't reply even if it heard him cry. He was lost. Just the beginning again.

"You've taken everything.." he said tiredly as closed his eyes hating himself for leaving them behind.

Soon he was out like a light. The pages he saw weren't worth writing.

He wanted it all to end already.