Din and Dil

The moment Cheshire stepped to comfort Al a massive scythe crashed into the ground between them.

Al moved out its way to the wall and Cheshire jumped back. His second tail whipped out and the lines grew more.

He growled as the scythe withdrew back to its owner.

A young girl grabbed it her eyes seemed dead and her hair was silky and straight.

She wore a black loli dress with crosses along the bottom and gothic pumps with black stockings under.

She looked like she was around ten or twelve years old.

Next to her stood a boy in white clothes with green lines on his clothes and a large book.

They looked alike in every way but were boy and girl. They kept their hands together as if it were their connection.

Al stared with eyes of disbelief.

"Din and.. Dil?" He said.

They two children looked at him and saw his face.

"Tears.." they said in unison, "are a sign of weakness."

The girl took a step and twirled the scythe in her single hand and jumped.

A barrier emerged over Al as she crashed down on him.

Cheshire moved and as spells rung in his ears, he looked at the boy who whispered spells, the book was open behind him.

Black letters formed to everything he spelled out.

A large dragon burst out from the book gripping Cheshire by the tires and slamming him into the wall vanishing after.

"Cheshire!" Al called and Cheshire fell out from the print he made in the wall.

"Ugh.." his ears still straight his head down and his body numb.

His hair turned silver yellow and his eyes turned black, his ears vanished and he grinned.

A large Cheshire grin, his tails faded and the boy smiled,

"Cheshire, it is good to have you back," he chuckled cutely and then a turn showed in his face.

"Now die." The girl said and lift the scythe over Al slamming it down once more on the barrier.

The tip broke through and a cracking sound came.

A death defying scream lured after filling the halls with a shriek of pain.

The paintings shook.

Within Al's domain Zela, Bell, and Vaan stood before the goddess' statue in the room of tablets.

They heard the cry and a sudden shake in their world occurred. The three turned back and saw the bubble with Al in it turn red.

His eyes opened and he screamed like a banshee, the three dropped like puppets emerging again like dolls.

They vanished and soon the room was quiet.

Blood dripped from her scythe. A puddle of blood filled the barrier and the floor around Al.

The blade had plunged straight through Al's chest.

Blood poured out his mouth and Cheshire shrieked.

Al's eyes were wide, she pulled her scythe out of him and he fell back onto the bloody floor.

She jumped back to her brother and held his hand again.

She had a smile on her face as did he.

"You were no threat." Dil said leaning her scythe behind her.