Prolouge

"Your cruel rule is over, Majesty." The ancient sorceress calmly walked down the lavish throne room carpets. Sitting on the throne ahead was the king of Ziruh, a horrid man who could not be described as simply evil. He was worse than that.

   "Sorceress Dimira." He hissed, eyes narrowing like a snake. The king's daughter trembled behind her father's golden seat. "What a pleasure to have you visit our lovely city."

   "The citizens have sent for me. They have told me of your treachery." The woman glared. "I am here to rid the throne of you. Any final words?"

   "Hmm..." The man mocked, rubbing his chin. Then faced her and grinned. "Duck."

   The Sorceress's eyes widened and she dove forward. A flaming arrow shot from the ledge behind, barely missing her.

   "Dissipari peribunt!" She screamed, arms shooting golden light from her hands. The king threw himself away from the throne, yanking his daughter with him. The vanishing spell hit the throne, and the magic rippled through the floor towards the citizens standing in a riot outside.

   "Shoot her!" He screamed at the guards hidden on the ledges, but the spell traveled up the walls and they were gone. In fact, the moment the spell touched their feet, they disappeared like they had never existed in the first place. The three were the only other souls in this empty city.

   The king desperately looked around for something to defend himself.

   "You filthy snake." The Sorceress advanced towards them, a cross between disgust and hatred on her face. "Anguis!"

   The charm sparked through the air and hit the king and daughter. They screamed, engulfed in golden smoke.

   "Hag!" The king coughed, writhing in pain on the polished floor. He screamed as his legs and feet snapped at horrible angles and extended, stretching and twisting.

   The daughter was also in pain, but that was an accident. The Sorceress hasn't meant to cause the child harm, but the spell was irreversible now.

   "You will live forever knowing you caused the death of your city." The witch spun around towards the door, leaving the two on the floor screaming. "But you will never be able to return here again."

   The king's tailbone grew alarmingly quickly, scales spreading rapidly and covering his entire face.

   The Sorceress, now outside, faced the crumbling city and raised her arms. "Captionem!"

   The daughter and king were ripped from this world - transported somewhere unknown. The king appearing in a harsh cave, and the daughter sat up in the Deadlands.

   The magic wielder clutched her stomach in agony. She is using up too much of her energy, but she couldn't finish now. The city was wiped from all life. It was now an empty city of darkness. If anyone found this place, they might know what she has done.

   In a final effort, she came to her feet. The color was drained of her face and her fingers were turning black. The Sorceress raised her hands and firmly spoke "Labellum."

   The entire city of Ziruh sunk into the ground, the dirt closing around the top. The blackness was spreading to the sorceress's neck.

   "Clauditis!" She screamed, forcing herself to use every drop of her powers. A magical golden gate blocked off the one cave to the now sunken city. The only key materialized in the hands of the king. The final touch to teach him a lesson. He would forever guard the key to his home, and ironically he would never be able to go there because the cave entrance was too small for him... in his new form.

   He would defend the key, the Sorceress knew with a grin. It was the only piece of his home he had left.

   With her dying breath, the legendary Dimira crawled forward on the rocky floor. She lay down, on the earth above the city, and closed her eyes in eternal sleep.

   The magic... her golden magic seeped out of her lifeless body and saturated the floor.

   Golden rain fell onto the city.