Chapter 17 ~ Journey

• The Sorceress •

We had been walking for hours on the beaten dirt trail. The sun was beginning to rise and the sky was streaked with golden light.

"So where is this 'golden rain'?" The princess asked me, falling behind.

I carried on strong. "The Rain is rumored to be in an ancient underground city of the gods'. This place is called Ziruh."

"So is there like a tunnel or something?"

I rolled my eyes. "According to the legend's scrolls, Ziruh is blocked by a gate that cannot be forced open with magic. It has one key."

"Where's the key?" She kept nagging me with questions.

"Are you sure you want to know?" I asked her. "If you knew, you probably wouldn't have come with me."

"Um... Do I want to know?" She gulped. I shook my head, fearing the Guardian of the Key myself.

———————

The sun was starting to set again and we finally reached the farming village of Salimor.

We spent the night in the local inn. Before we returned to the trail, however, Marie pointed out a horse stable.

"Two of your fastest." I threw two silver coins on the counter. The horse owner laughed.

"Ya gonna need more than that, miss." He pushed the coins away.

I growled and tossed two gold coins to him. He caught them and laughed once more.

"Only two gold coins?" He snorted. "For me fastest 'n bestest?"

I threw my hand in his face. Green smoke swirled in my hand, charging to blast his face off.

"If you enjoy life, I'd say that's plenty." I growled and my eyes flared green in my fury.

The man yelped and raised his hands in surrender. "Okay! Okay!"

I lowered my hands and pushed him aside.

Marie on a white horse and myself of a black painted, we returned to the trail.