Chapter 41 ~ Prisoners

• The Stranger •

     "You won't be so loosely surveillanced this time, Onix." Professor Zeymah tightened the rope holding me down. "Although I do find your defiance intriguing."

     "Let her go!" I threw myself around, but the bonds wouldn't budge. "She has nothing to do with this!"

     "Then why do you care if she is here?" He grinned. The door opened and Frenhu came in. He whispered something in his ear, and his disgusting smile widened.

     "Excellent." The professor looked at his brother. "Why won't you bring her in here with us, hm?"

     "Of course." He nodded and quickly left.

     "I hope for your sake these ropes never get removed." I spat with hatred. "Because it's going to take a lot more than another Sorcerer to keep me from strangling you and blowing you to the next dimension."

     "What if the girl was involved?" He raised his eyebrow. I was confused.

     "Sithra?" I blinked. "What does she have to do with this..."

     "So you learned her name." The professor mocked. "How delightful. You've made a new friend, Onix."

     "I don't have friends." I muttered through my teeth. "I saved her and that's it."

     "But you gave up your freedom to help her." He noted. "Why?"

     I looked away.

     "My..." He held a hand to his chest, in mock amazement. "You didn't actually start to feel something, did you Onix?"

     "I..." The door opened again and Frenhu dragged Sithra in.

     "Onix-!" She gasped.

     "Silence!" Frenhu raised his hand to her.

     "No!" I shouted, rage burning inside.

     Frenhu froze and looked to me as if I confirmed something.

     "I think we have our answer." The professor grinned.