Chapter 4 ~ Secrets

• The Princess •

"Ah, welcome Princess Marie." Nebur, my mother's brother helped me down from the steps. I smiled at the familiar face from my childhood.

"It's been too long, Uncle Neb!" We hugged.

"My, my!" He stepped away and inspected me. "Look how tall you've gotten! And you're so beautiful, just like Evina."

I blushed at the compliment. My mother was remembered as one of the most beautiful women in all Luanth.

———————

The servants carried the bags to my room. My mother has gifted Uncle Neb with the glorious countryside mansion. Being the queen, she spared no expense.

My guest room was painted pale blue and the light wooded floorboards were a nice contrast.

I took a breath, taking it in. This house was the perfect place to go when feeling overwhelmed or stressed. One could enter with veins popping out of their forehead, to leaving wishing all a good day.

This house changed people, for the better. Opposite to the castle, which trapped people's emotions and caused it to bubble and boil up.

I couldn't be there right now. Ever since I discovered the castle's dark secret...

I shook my head and dismissed my troubles, pulling my hair down from the tight bun and falling on to the fluffy bed with a huff.