Chapter 24 ~ Beast

• The Sorceress •

"Ignis inspiratione!" I screaming, throwing my hands at the gigantic face inches away. A green ball of flame shot out and blasted him in the face.

     "Foolish..." He chuckles darkly. The flames didn't affect him in the slightest! He must have fireproof scales!

     The fire exploded and caught on the ripped rags of a skeleton. The flames were quickly spreading and surrounding me and Marie...?

     "Marie?!" I looked around, panicked. While I was distracted, the beast swung his mighty clawed paw and threw me into the wall. I fell to the ground, head bleeding.

     "Quite foolish indeed..." He growled.

     "Fumus!" I pronounced loudly. Smoke snaked out from my hand and clouded the cave ledge.

     "Come out come out, little Sorcerer." His glowing orange eyes illuminated the dense fog. He blinked hard, unable see clearly.

     I scrambled to the edge of the ledge and looked down at the raging waters below. Just beyond that, another ledge holding the dragon's treasure stash.

     A figure was climbing down from the rocky ledge towards the gold. Marie.

     I looked back towards my foe. I had to distract it while Marie tried to get the key.

     "Butio!" I cried, reaching towards the cave ceiling above the dragon. It exploded with a loud BOOM and chunks of rock came crashing down on his head.

     He snarled and threw the rocks off, facing in my direction. The smoke was beginning to clear up.

     "Enough of this!" He roared with a deep voice. He came crashing into my ledge, sending rock down into the river. I leaped to a smaller ledge just in time before it got destroyed.

     "Angustiæ!" A new voice echoed. The dragon swayed as his vision blurred. I looked up at the strange person standing at the exit. He wore red robes, deep as blood. I couldn't see his face; his hood was up. His hand was outstretched towards the beast, a white glow came from them.

     "Sithra!" Marie called from the other side. I swung my head and saw her at the top of the gold pile, glistening key in hand.

     "This isn't over...!" The dragon shook his head, trying to see clearly.

     "Hurry!" He told me and faced Marie. "Veni."

     "Whoaa!" Marie was lifted in the air by a white aura and carried over the raging water safely to us and the exit.

     "No-!" The dragon roared, blindly hitting the stone ledges.

     "We have to go!" I gasped for breath. We ran out just before the cave entrance collapsed in a flood of boulders.