25) Sanity level: low

Chapter 25 --- Land of the Dead

Sanity Level: Low

A spark had lit up in Jett's cognac-brown eyes. He unsheathed his sword and skilfully wielded it.

"He let them keep their weapons?!" Kat hissed.

"It was an accident. I know you won't believe me, but I swear, it was an accident. Why do you think our mother wasn't driven away like you were, Alison? It was because she was there with me when it happened."

Jett paused to take a deep breath. "I was the one who drove you into this Alison, so now I'll help you to escape it. This is not the real you. I know it." Jett flung his sword into the window panel with might and a crack protruded in the glass. Kat cursed, rummaging around for her Tablet.

Lily barged into the room, yelling out a battle cry and flung herself at Kat's Tablet, knocking it to the ground. It shattered and Kat screamed.

"LILY?" Rose spun around, hoping that it was an illusion of her mind. But when she found that Lily wasn't standing behind her, scared out of her wits, she freaked out.

Kat threw herself at Lily as the glass shattered and Jett pushed through into the other room. He picked Alice up and hauled her into the opposite wall. She slumped down, helpless. Jett raised his sword at her throat. It wavered slightly in his grasp.

"It was me who turned you into this monster, and it's going to be me who changes you back."

Alice was pressed against the wall, fear visible in her wide coffee-brown eyes. Her mouth was agape and she couldn't register anything that was going on at the moment.

"SOMEBODY!" Kat screamed as Rose filed into the room. She crashed into the table that was occupying Victorias body. She made another slurping sound and Rose gently took her head.

"What have they done to you?" Victoria lay almost lifeless, her body bruised and battered. Rose brushed a few strands of Victorias hair back.

"Victoria...you were the only one who accepted me...you were my only friend, and now look at you!" Rose sobbed. "This isn't right. That's not right. It's wrong in almost every way possible! VICTORIA!" Rose screamed.

"SOMEBODY!" Kat screamed at the top of her lungs. Alice jolted at the piercing sound and covered her ears. Max barged into the room.

"Kat, what is- he cut himself off. "Well, well, well." He took out his simple handgun and aimed it at Jett.

"Don't," Jett said darkly. "Don't." He removed the blade from Alice's neck and stepped away from her.

"Drop the sword and I won't hurt you."

Jett craned his neck to look at him. Max flinched when he saw the look Jett gave him. He dragged the metal blade across the ground.

"Don't make me shoot you." The gun in Max's hand started to waver.

"Shoot me, I dare you." Jett hissed, licking his lips. "Or are you afraid?"

Dave frowned. He pulled back on the trigger and Alice screamed as both her and Jett jumped out of the way, a split-second before the bullet made contact with the white wall.

Alice's chest rose and fell with every rapid breath she took. She ran her fingers over the hole in the wall and slowly arched her neck to face everyone. They, all except Jett, stared at Max in pure shock.

"You're going to have to do better then that." Jett chuckled slightly. Suddenly he darted across the room at full speed, swinging himself over the table Victoria lay across, and causing Rose to slip and fall in utter shock. He poised his sword at an almost perfect position as he came closer to Max.