15) Innocence

Chapter 15 --- Land of the Dead

Innocence

Ivy woke with a sudden jolt. She battered her eyelashes and waited patiently for her vision to focus. Once it did, her gaze settled on a familiar face; Flynn was looking curiously over at Alice, frowning. One of his dull brown eyes was covered by his orange-hair.

His red hoodie had been shredded on the left side and was dotted with dry blood. His bow and arrows sat beside him in an orderly manor. When their gaze clicked into place, his eyes suddenly became warm.

"F-Flynn?" Ivy whispered.

Flynn slowly smiled, for pretty much the first time in his life.

"FLYNN!" She suddenly screamed, kicking about. She hit Slate in the chin and he cursed. Ivy jumped onto the back of the drivers seat and clung to it desperately.

"MY HEAD STILL HURTS YOU KNOW!" Slate shouted, rubbing his chin.

"Aww, poor Seal- Slate, I mean." Alice started giggling.

"Quiet, Alison." Slate muttered, clearly unamused.

"Ivy," Jett began. "Can you stop touching my hair? Please."

Ivy let go of the seat, unclamping her hands from Jett's hair whilst Flynn started stuttering.

"Oh, sorry dearie! Your hair's grown long though." Ivy blinked.

"It's not that long."

"Yeah, Ivy." Slate said, glaring at Ivy. She slowly turned to face him.

"Ohhhhhh!" She said, falling on top of Rose when the car jolted to the right sharply.

"Careful!" Rose whispered. Lani lay against Victoria, eyes shut tightly. She was very pale and her arm was bandaged up. Lily hugged her tightly.

"Heh?" Ivy tilted her head to the side. "What's wrong with her?"

Rose sighed and looked at Ivy sharply. "She was attacked by a flesh-eater."

"WHAT! SHE SHOULDN'T BE HERE! TAKE HER AWAY!" Ivy hissed. "THROW HER OUT THE CAR WINDOW!"

"That's rude!" Rose muttered under her breath, cradling Lani closer to her chest with a hand to protect her.

"Ivy," Flynn snapped instantaneously. "Are you...okay?"

"Never been better!" She blurted out. She started searching around for something.

"What are you looking for?" Victoria asked quietly. She found Jett's sword under the car seat he was seated upon and picked it up.

"WHOA! NO!" Flynn shouted. Victoria and Rose gasped and Jett almost had a heart-attack.

Alice started laughing. "What do you want with it?"

"It's very simple dearie!" She jumped onto Slate who cursed.

"NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IVY!"

She started to hack at his hair. The car started swerving everywhere and Flynn unbuckled his seatbelt and leaped on top of Ivy, making Slate hit the car door.

"MY HAIR!" He shouted. The car came to a stop so suddenly that Flynn was flung over into the drivers seat. He landed on top of Jett.

"GET OFF!"

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU STOPPED THE CAR!"

Alice kept laughing. "Everybody, that's enough." Victoria said. "Stay quiet, please."