23) Betrayal

Chapter 23 --- Land of the Dead

Betrayal

It took them a while to figure out where they were. When they finally realized, Jett manoeuvred the car and they took a path closest to the amusement park. Finally, after an hour, the car rolled up before the parking lot outside the amusement park. Jett rolled down his window.

"As I thought," he said, taking off some black Raybans he had found under the dashboard. "They left the car, but took all of our stuff."

He slowly and carefully rounded the park and put the car to a halt behind it. He stumbled out.

"Okay," he began. "Rose and I will go...somewhere. The food court, yeah." He looked away to avoid eye contact with Alice. "Ivy, Flynn and Alice can head towards the rides."

"Pfft," Alice stalked past Jett. "Yeah, whatever, I'll definitely listen to you."

She raced over to the gate. "Alison, get back here!" Jett called out. He started after her, but Ivy grabbed his shoulder and hauled him back.

"Jett, stop." Ivy's gaze flickered between Jett and Alice. "Stop. You know what stop means? Yeah. That's enough. You need to get off her back. She's not ten years old anymore, she can fend for herself."

Jett narrowed his eyes at Ivy. Alice licked her lips. "Why thank you, Ivy. Hopefully he'll listen to you, but I sincerely doubt it. He doesn't listen to anyone. He tries to take control of everything."

"Alison!" Ivy snapped. "That's enough rambling!

"Enough rambling? Rambling? I'm much older than you! You don't own-

"Don't bring age into this Alison! In this case, wisdom reigns over age! You're certainly not wise and you haven't matured at all!"

"If Slate was here-

"Well, Slate isn't here. Deal with it." Flynn intervened.

"STOP CUTTING ME OFF!" Alice screamed. "SLATE DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY! IF IT WEREN'T FOR ALL OF YOU, THAN HE WOULDN'T HAVE DIED!"

Flynn cracked up in laughter and ran around to the other side of the car. Ivy shook her head and in a quick gesture raised her hand to her chest.

"If it weren't for us, than Slate wouldn't have died? Are you serious? Alison, you're so much more stupider than I thought! If it weren't for you, than Slate wouldn't have died. You stormed off and HE WENT OUT THERE TO GO FETCH YOU!" Ivy raised her voice and pointed at the ground. Jett scratched the nape of his neck.

"Come on gir-

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" Alice screamed.

"IT'S ALWAYS ALL ABOUT YOU! YOU'RE SO SELF-CENTRED!" Ivy screamed back.

"Ohh God, they've probably hearddd us by nnooowww!" Jett spun in a circle.

"Why do you act this way?" Ivy tried to keep her voice down.

"THAT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" Alice screamed. Flynn peeked through the window.

Alice paused and took in every word Ivy had said, before dropping her AK-47 on the ground.

"I'm just done!" She pointed a finger at Jett. "You don't know what he did! You don't know how hard it is to live with a brother who committed the-

"Ali?"

Alice clenched her fists tightly.

"Why haven't you told them yet?" Alice asked Jett, trembling. "It would make things so much simpler. They'd finally understand everything. They'd finally know of the atrocity you committed." She picked up her gun and started climbing over the gate.