22) Run away

Chapter 22 --- Land of the Dead

Run away

"GET OUT NOW!" Flynn practically screamed. He darted over to his room and disappeared for a few seconds, before reappearing with a teary Ivy.

"LET'S GO!"

"F-F-Flynn...what's happening?" Mascara ran down Ivy's cheeks. Flynn wiped her cheeks with the back of his hand.

"Sshh, you're too pretty to be wearing make-up." He pressed his lips against hers, taking her by surprise.

Jett barged out of the kitchen, chucking a bottle of whipped cream at the opposite wall.

"IT'S GONE OFF!" He coughed several times. Rose walked over to him and grabbed the back of his shirt.

"Let's go." She said, her voice steady. Lily followed then, eyes darting around.

"Wait!" She cried, almost stumbling over herself. Rose dragged Jett outside, carrying a knife. Jett spotted Victoria's katana and begged for Rose to release him. She did so, instead grabbing Lily, who was sobbing continuously. He grabbed her katana and scanned it thoroughly.

Alison burst out of her room, wearing a tight, short dress. The bottom half was black and the top half was a bright red, which both ran diagonal. She slung her AK-47 over her back and in her grasp she held her two other guns.

"They're loaded with ammo." She said, glaring at Flynn and Ivy. A few loose strands of hair fell over her face. "Let's go, now." Ivy and Flynn shared a glance.

Ivy raced into the kitchen, tore open the fridge and started rummaging through food.

"We haven't got much time!" Alice cried out.

"So you've seen them too, ehh?" Flynn asked her.

"Through the window in that room."

Flynn rushed into his room and grabbed his bow and arrows. He slung his bow over his shoulder and rummaged through drawers. More ammo, a couple of guns and a knife. He grabbed them all.

"COME ON!" Alice screamed, "THEY'RE GETTING CLOSER!"

Flynn ran out of his room and pushed Alice forward.

"Get a move on then!"

"H-Hey! Don't touch me, you freak!" She wiped her eyes, in fear of breaking down again.

Ivy trudged out of the kitchen, carrying a few plastic bags. "W-Where are Jett and Rose?"

"I saw them leave earlier, didn't they?"

Alice groaned. "Come on!" She snapped. One of the zombies made it into the front yard, and that's when the rest followed.

"GO, GO, GO!" Flynn ran out onto the field first, accompanied by Alice and then Ivy. Alice flicked off the safety on her AK-47 and shot down the first flesh-eater.

She ran as fast as her legs could take her. The flesh-eaters blocked the driveway. Flynn cursed.

"Through that way!" He pointed at an abundance of trees and they fled towards that area, their eyes swivelling everywhere. Alice slung the AK-47 over her shoulder again.

They pressed on through the trees, darting to avoid bushes and sticks. Ivy looked over her shoulder. They were gaining speed.

"Oh, my...what on earth?" Ivy's eyes darted from one zombie to another. "They're just like the flesh-eaters back at that amusement park. They have talons!"

Flynn attempted at looking back, but Ivy hit his head. "Don't!" She hissed.

"Through here," Alice tore through a tangled mass of vines. "There! There's the fence."