21) Outbreak

Chapter 21 --- Land of the Dead

Outbreak

"NO!" Alice screamed, tears escaping her eyes as Flynn dragged her away. Slate's final words were etched into her mind.

'I love you, Alison Jane Larsen. I'll always love you.'

And now, he was gone. He was so close, yet so far at the same time. She still couldn't believe it was real. He was out of her reach. They hadn't even been together for a day.

It hit Alice with horror. If she hadn't have been so stupid, and done what she had done, he would've probably still been alive. It was all her fault.

Surprisingly, she let Flynn drag her along the tarmac. He heaved her up onto her feet.

"Ay, if you're now going to let me drag you, you may as well- hheeyy girl! LET'S GO SHOPPING!" Flynn grabbed Alice's hand and yanked her along the road. Flynn stepped over Victoria's rotting body and Alice's eyes widened.

"Wha- Alice cut herself off and sniffed. He'd changed, but she hadn't heard of this form before. Flynn took a long look at her before cringing.

"THAT'S SO OLD!" He pointed to her blood-spotted grey tank-top and short torn denim jeans.

"COME WITH ME AND I'LL..." He trailed off as Alice pelted down the street.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? COME BACK!" He raced after her.

"FLYNN," She called out, her voice raspy. "STOP!"

"WHO IS THIS FLYNN YOU SPEAK OF? HE CAN JOIN US!"

Alice growled as she kept on running as fast as she should, tears blurring her vision. Once she reached the house, she ran up the steps, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She staggered into Jett and they both hit the ground. Flynn leaped over them like a ballerina and landed just above Jett's head, before darting off into his bedroom, locking the door behind him.

"Well, uhh, that was-

His words were cut off as he abruptly received the first blow to his chin and another to his right temple. Particles of light danced before his eyes as Alice shook his shoulders.

"JETT!" She screamed, standing back up onto her feet. She pulled him up with her and slammed his head into the wall. He slumped down.

She repetitively punched him in the face, causing his eyesight to go blurry. He was utterly confused, but wouldn't allow her to land another blow on him.

Instead he hauled her up with great difficulty and threw her a metre away from him. She winced as she hit the ground.

"Alice! Jett!" Ivy called out, darting out of another room. Her gaze leaped from Alice to Jett continuously.

Jett didn't say anything, he just kept his mouth firmly shut and avoided eye contact with Alice. She shakily stood back up and staggered forward a bit.

She flung herself at him and latched herself onto him, sending him flying towards the ground. They rolled along the ground before hitting a wall and Alice took the chance to hit him square in the face. He jutted his knee into her stomach.

"STOP IT!" Ivy screamed, pulling Alice off of Jett. "STOP IT OTHERWISE I'LL KICK YOU BOTH OUT!" Ivy pointed at the door, her hand quivering slightly. "Please, stop."

Alice wiped her nose. "You don't know anything."

"And I don't want to know anything."

The door of Flynn's bedroom burst open and Flynn himself appeared, his face contorted in fury.