7) Completion

A/N: PLEASE READ! Sorry to bother you again. I recently edited the last chapter. This chapter has not properly been edited yet, which means that...
THERE IS A SLIGHT POSSIBILITY THAT NATE = SLATE AND FINN = FLYNN.

If anything else confuses you, please leave a comment and I'll put it up here. Thanks. ~Divulgence

Chapter 7 --- Land of the Dead
Completion

Rose's screams were drowned out by the sounds of moaning and wailing. The flesh-eaters were approaching at a fast pace, dragging one foot to meet the other.

"One day, it'll all end," Flynn announced, extending his arms towards the sullen sky, which had been painted in streaks of grey and watered down reds. "This tirade of living dead and the few survivors who live amongst them, in the shadows, they will perish. Soon the food will run out, and there will be no more safe places to hide away. There will be nothing."

Flynn watched on as Ivy fell into the grass, tears dripping down her pale face. At that same moment in time, Alison stepped foot onto the deck, AK-47 in hand. She flicked off the safety and raised it at a flesh-eater in the distance.

"Alice!" Jett called out.

"I'm okay!" She yelled, her voice wavering.

"When...when did Alice get the AK-47?" Slate muttered to himself. He squinted in the sunlight. The flesh-eaters had begun to close in on them.

"Everybody, in the car...now!" Jett repeated the sentence, desperation and fear clear throughout his voice. He hauled Rose up into the car as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, Rose," Jett murmured. "I hope you're okay."

Jett began to search for his sword. Once his eyes landed on the glinting chunk of metal, he latched his fingers around the sword and gripped it as tight as he could, engraving the mysterious patterns etched on its handle into his own hands. He swung behind him, chopping off the head of a flesh-eater that had stumbled in too close. Jett advanced forward, slicing off the head of another flesh-eater, and another, spilling blood over the dry grass.

Jett, as fast as he could, crossed over to Alice and hauled her up onto his shoulder. She screamed, having obviously been taken by surprise.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked.

"The only thing I can think of right now," Jett mumbled as he carried Alice over to the car. Jett stumbled over and hit the car as a scream erupted from over at the other side. Alice hit the ground forcefully and rolled over onto her side.

"Damn!" Jett quickly swung forward and in a flash the head of another flesh-eater hit the ground right beside Alice, who gasped in return. Jett unlocked the passenger door and struggled to drag Alice's body into the passenger seat. The door opposite Rose and Victoria swung forward and Slate crawled in.

"Hurry up and get inside the car, unless you want to die!" Jett shouted again as he attempted to run over to the other side. It was crowded with too many flesh-eaters that weaving between them all without being infected would seem almost impossible. Jett cursed again and climbed over Alice's body into the drivers seat.

"We're going, now!"

"Wait!" Ivy screamed. She jumped into the backseat.

"Ivy, where in the world is Flynn?" Jett shouted. He didn't wait for anyone to reply as he pressed his foot to the accelerator and they sped off, crashing into the side of the deck.

Jett put the car into reverse and they backed up, before he changed gears again and they were off, running over several zombies which were in their way. Blood splattered the windows, and long fingernails scraped endlessly at the metal body of the Subaru.