CHAPTER 8 - (Dugeun, Dugeun)

CHAPTER 8

"What was her name again?"  Yujin tried to re-call the time where Chaeyeon introduced her cousin to them and tried to remember her name but, she just can't. She stopped a little closed distance from where Chaeyeon's cousin was sitting and realized, she was also alone. 

"Why was she here?"  Yujin softly asked. She looked at her watch that reads 9:45. "It's quiet late too." 

Yujin decided to get near the girl and just ask the questions she was asking on herself earlier. She also understands the feeling of being alone as she too had her fair share of it and she don't want her Chaeyeon eonni's cousin to get that kind of feeling. 

"Excuse me?" Yujin said, asking the attention of the girl. Slowly, the girl lifted her puffy eyes and was surprised to see Yujin in front of her. 

"So she has been crying" Yujin thought. Now that she already had a clear view of the girl's face, she can easily tell that she knows the person. "Minjoo eonni" 

"Oh, Yujin-ssi" 

"You remembered me?" Yujin asked. Happy about the thought that she remembered her. They didn't had any interaction that day they met so, it was surprising for Yujin that the girl remembered her name. Minjoo gave her a nod. "What are you doing this late night here?" Minjoo asked. Yujin sat down first so the older girl won't have a hard time looking up. 

"I was with Chaeyeon eonni earlier at Lotte. I was on my way to mine and my bestfriend's pad when I saw you here" Minjoo again nodded and left Yujin's gaze. Silence enveloped thier sorroundings again. Yujin was contemplating whether she'll say something or just mind her own business and left or to just stay and accompany Minjoo.

"Eonni? If you don't mind me asking? What are you doing here so late at night?" Nevertheless, she decided to break the silence and talk to the latter. It gets awkward to just sit and pretended they don't know each other anyway. 

The older girl looked at her for a moment, calmly scanning Yujin's face. Then got her attention back to somewhere at the front. 

"Just thinking Yujin-ssi" She answered. Yujin nodded. 

"What were you thinking?" 

"Just some random stuff" Yujin again nodded in understandment. Another silence rose up. Yujin was contemplating again whether to ask the question she's been wanting to ask earlier or to just shrugged it. Nevertheless, she has to decided before the silence turned to an awkward atmosphere again.

"Eonni?" 

"hmm?" 

"I'm sorry for asking this but, why were you crying?" Yujin carefully asked fixing her gaze at her. The older girl didn't moved. Just continued to stare at the empty and lonely road ahead. Yujin was internally smacking her head. 

"Why did you asked that? That's so personal! Now she might be thinking that you're some kind of a gossip" 

"Aish..." Yujin let out a frustrating sigh. She didn't know that while she's been scolding and hitting herself internally, the older girl was actually smiling. Amused on how frustrated the younger girl was. A small giggle eventually escaped from her mouth and she immediately looked away. Yujin who heard it quicky rose her head and stared at the older girl. She remained her gaze at her for a minute but sensing that the older won't look at her, she lowered down her head again and pouted. The older girl looked again at Yujin as soon as the younger's stare wasn't fixed at her, smiling.

"I'm not crying. My eyes were just puffy today, I guess." The older girl said. Yujin lift her head to see the older girl's face but it was again fixed at the front. She was definitely sure that the older girl was crying. She means, the eyes won't just puff for no reason. But, she decided to not push it. She barely knew the girl and if the older girl would want to tell her about it or would like to share why her eyes were like that, she should already have done it earlier and not just made up some excuses.