Episode 36

Harry is asleep beside me. My eyes wander to his closed eyelids and then to his nose then to his pink mouth. When I saw him this afternoon, he had aged over five years from the last time I saw him. Now, Sleeping Beauty looks like a mere child.

The Harry I met had his life together. He got decent grades. He had lots of close mates. He had Louis. From what I've heard, he's got a good family. Everything was going his way.

The Harry beside me right now did not have his shit together.

"Coffee or tea?" one of the flight attendants asks me.

"Coffee. I need caffeine." I laugh.

"And for your boyfriend?"

"Tea." I answer. "Oh and you're mistaken, he's just a friend."

"Oh,"

"Tea has caffeine too, you know." Harry comments. "You silly pea." Had he been awake the whole time? The girl hands us each a cup of hot brown beverage and leaves.

"Hey," I say as I bring my nose near the white paper cup and let the aroma of the coffee engulf my entire being. "Thanks for changing your mind."

"About what?"

"Louis said you were decided on leaving town for good. Thanks for deciding to come back."

"Damn it, Louis." He shakes his head. "It's none of his business." Harry grunts. "Sorry he dragged you into this."

"He cares about you, you know." I say as I put my hand on top of his. "And for the record, he did not drag me into this. I care about you, Harry. I'd do what I can to help you."

"So you think I need help? What am I? A child?" Harry raises his voice and the old lady seated in front of me turns to glare at us.

"That is not what I meant!"

Harry moves his hand away from mine and closes his eyes. Right, Harry. Sleep in the middle of an argument. That's the way to do it. Kudos for being a massive jerk!

"I'm sorry." Harry mumbles.

"Okay."

"We okay?"

"We okay." I snort. Harry laughs.

"It's a pretty decent book but it's not spectacular. I don't get why you females are so worked up on it."

"There's just something about guys who use cigarettes to express metaphors I guess." I shrug. "Kind of a cross between badass and poetic genius. And that's hot."

"Hey, Rae."

"What?"

"I've got a metaphor for you."

"Carry on."

"This cup of tea I'm holding. It carries jasmine tea, not my usual cup of tea. But I hold it anyway. Because if I don't, I will find difficulty in keeping up with the cold."

"That's a lame metaphor." I laugh.

"So it's lame just because you didn't understand it?"

"I do!" I don't.

"What does it mean then?"

"It means you don't like jasmine tea but you put up with it since you hate coffee."

"Wrong!" Harry laughs.

"Explain it then, wise guy."

"It's a metaphor. You're the jasmine tea. And my usual cup of tea are guys."

"I've been gay all my life, Rae. I've always liked guys. Ever since I was a kid, I fantasized about David Beckham, not Victoria. But then I met you." Harry says as he finishes the contents of his cup in one quick gulp. His eyes don't leave mine as he stands from his seat.

"I'm going to the loo. By the time I come back, if you hand me another cup of jasmine tea, I won't try to steal you away from him and we will never talk about this ever again."

"Your move, Rae."

* * * * * * * * *

Poll: Who should Rae choose? Niall or Harry?

GUYS OMAHDAHHGDAFD I DONT KNOW WHAT I WANT RAE TO DO BC I HONESTLY SHIP HER WITH BOTH HARRY AND NIALL