Episode 20

It was five in the afternoon and I decided to stay at the small park near the university. Mostly, I really just wanted to get out of that dorm room and away from Kelly as much as possible. The fact that Niall always hung out near the park was just a small incentive. Okay. Maybe a big incentive.

I spot Niall playing with his skateboard at the street across the park with some other frat boys and he waves at me and dismisses his minions. He was wearing a plain white shirt and his signature snapback along with baggy shorts that showed the muscles of his calves. The other frat boys, who were mostly freshmen, leave after whispering some things to Niall. Niall just laughs and comes to sit beside me.

"Are ye okay?" Niall asks for what must be the third time today. He asked me how I was at Ms. Ainsworth's class and at Mr. Kingsley's as well. I honestly wasn't expecting him to be this concerned for my wellbeing.

He's more or less the only person I've talked to ever since the day I got drugged and kidnapped. Or the day I've gone insane and imagined I had been drugged and kidnapped. I don't really know and honestly, I don't think I want to.

Kelly has made it easy for me to ignore her because she was ignoring me as well. I really need to move to another room. Harry tried to ring me a couple of times but I don't answer his calls. Stella tried to send Zayn to convince me to see her but I really wasn't ready to just yet. I don't know if I'm shutting everyone out because I'm mad at them for thinking I've gone bonkers or if I'm mad at them because they're right.

What if I really am going mental?

"Rae! Are ye okay?" Niall wears a worried expression on his face as he shakes me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah, I am." I lie.

"Don't lie to me." he says as he hugs me. "I just want ye to know that I don't think ye are going insane." he says while he plays with my hair. "Yeah, ye can be a wee bit crazy sumtimes...but insane? Nah!" he chuckles.

"How exactly have I shown signs of being crazy?" It was a comment rather than a question but he answers me anyway.

"That you like me," Niall smiles. It was a genuine smile. I could stare at him smile all day. You know how people who are sentenced to death are allowed to do one last thing before they die? If it were me, I'd request for one last look at this smile. "I think it's crazy that you still like me after all I've done."

"Yeah, you've done quite a lot of shit, Mate." I laugh as I recall all the drama that's happened to me ever since the day he arrived.

"To apologize for all the shit I've caused, how would ye like to be on me next YouTube video?"

"Holy fucking shit are you fucking serious?" I yell at his face.

"I didn't realize ya were such a big fan of mine," he grins. "Do you um like have a blog dedicated to me or something like a Twitter fan account?" he teases and I look away from him to hide the redness of my cheeks. Shit. How does he know what things to say to get me flustered all the time?

"I don't have one!" I laugh nervously. "In fact, I have only seen two of your videos." No. I've seen all your videos and watched all of them at least four times each. And yes. I do have a Twitter fan account dedicated to you. In fact, you follow me and replied to my tweet once and favorited two of my tweets about you.

"But just like that," he giggles. "You went from gloomy to fucking cloud nine just because I asked you if you wanted to be in my video even thought ya claim to have seen only two of them?" he laughs.

"Are you seriously mocking me right now?" I say as I playfully push him out of the bench.

"I wasn't mocking you...you dumbass...I think it's...I think it's quite cute." he says as he stares at me with more intensity than ever before. He gets up from the grass and leans towards me. Slowly, he inches his face towards mine and sticks out his tongue. "Nah, I was definitely mocking ya." he giggles and his dimples start to show. The tease. I thought he was going to kiss me. I needed his lips on mine. Kiss me you little fucker.