Episode 6

I crouch down beside the sofa and rethink the whole Liam situation. I half-expected to open my eyes and wake up from this nightmare that is my life.

Liam and I first met at one of the parties his frat threw during my freshman year. He was a sophomore then and a mutual friend of ours introduced him to me. It was the typical first meeting, really. But nonetheless, I kinda have fallen for him. There was just something about the way he was. He had the power to make a girl feel special, you see.

He was a different guy then. Or so I would like to think. I was probably just blinded by the idea of finally not being alone. It was around that time Stella found Zayn and Kelly was with someone from the lacrosse team.

I only found out later on that Liam played lacrosse and that he was the guy Kelly couldn't wait for me to meet. It all sounds like a big joke right now. I hear a loud sound and I am brought back to the present.

"This pig doesn't deserve to be slapped by you." Zayn looks at me as he punches Liam in the face.

"Aw look at lil Zaynie trying to be chivalrist and stuff," Liam mutters as blood oozes out of his nose. Zayn goes for another punch but I stop him.

"He's not worth it," I grab Liam by his shirt and drag him out of the room. He doesn't say anything as I do so.

"He fucking tried to do something to you! Why'd you let him off the hook that easily?" Zayn raises his voice. "Do you have feelings for that douche?"

"No." I breathe. "Can you leave me alone for a bit, I wanna take a nap before the party."

"You're not going anywhere at this state," Zayn shakes his head. "What if I hadn't arrived in time?"

"Liam's all talk, he wouldn't actually do anything for real." I lie. "Seriously, I'm fine." I feign a laugh and Zayn falls for it.

"You should have a chat with Stella about all this."

"Please don't tell her," I look at the wooden floor.

"You have to talk to someone about this." he says as he puts his hands on my shoulders.

"I will. I'll talk to someone from the faculty." I smile. "But why were you even here anyway?" I try to remove the topic out of our discussion.

"I wanted to apologize on prying on your relationship with Harry."

"How did you get in?"

"You left the door open,"

"Oh," I sit at the couch and rest my head on one of the throw pillows.

"Do you want to file for a restraining order?" he looks at me with pity. "Rae, are you sure you're okay?"

"There's no need for one," I assure him. "and yes, I'm okay."

"I'll make you some tea."

"That'd be great." I wasn't fond of tea but I knew there was no point on arguing with Zayn about it. He'd make me drink it anyway.

For a moment, I felt better. Safer. Away from harm.

But then I saw Liam staring at me through the window.