Episode 33.5 - Drowning in Fire

Drowning in Fire

(A Kelly and Tristan short story)

*

This isn't your typical love story.

For one, they weren't really in love in the first place.

*

It was a quarter past two when Tristan Evans received a text from the girl he had been waiting a call from ever since two years ago, when they shared a kiss at a beach party. It was no secret that the girl never really saw him as anything more than her best friend's annoying little brother. But to him, she was his muse. He was the girl he would stay up writing songs about. The girl he would sketch and paint late at night. He liked her. Liked her a lot.

"I'm bored at McDonald's come save me. xx" Tris read the text out loud.

"Why me?" He blinks his eyes a few times just to make sure he wasn't mistaken that the text was sent by one Kelly Austin.

"Which one are you at? xx" Tristan replies.

An hour later, Tris finds himself in the fastfood establishment that reeked of oil and stale coffee. He wonders why he had taken a bus for forty minutes just to see this girl he hadn't heard from for over two years.

"Where the fuck is she?" Tristan mutters as his phone vibrates in his pocket.

It was a text from Kelly saying she had found something to ease her boredom. Tris takes the bus back home and goes back to sleep.

A few days later, Tristan receives the same message from Kelly. "Maybe this time she'll show." Tris whispers to himself.

"Dude, you are so whipped." James shakes his head and Brad and Con end up laughing.

"Can we resched rehearsal?" Tristan begs his band mates.

"Sure," Brad nods.

Tris leaves James' house and heads to the bus station. When he enters the food establishment, the blonde girl was still nowhere to be found. He waits there for an hour until he receives a text from Kelly saying she and Rae had found something to do.

"I must really be stupid." Tris curses as he comes back home.

The same thing happened for around two more times until it actually happened. She was actually there. "You do know I hate you." Tris laughs as he sits across Kelly. "I really hate bus rides and you've somehow made me suffer from it for over a thousand times this month alone."

"To make it up to you, go help yourself." Kelly smiles. "My treat."

It became a regular thing for the two to hang out at McDonald's. Then one day, when Kelly had come home from a vacation with her boyfriend, Liam, she found herself knocking at his door.

And as always, he was there for her.

* * * * * * * * *

So basically Kelly hooked up with Tristan after she found out Liam and Rae had a past. (This was before Kelly slept with Niall for revenge) So yeah, I guess that makes Kelly kind of a slut but you have to admit this was a little cute lmao

NEW COVER BTW WHAT DO YOU THINK ??