Chapter 8: Appetite

A bit of hot milk spilled on Brooklyn's hand while she contemplated whether or not she should go to mass on Sunday. It wasn't expected, but that would be her chance to see Father Mathias.

"Are you okay?" asked Gregory when she yelped.

She nodded. "I'm fine."

"Here, let me finish making this, you go and put some cold water on that."

Brooklyn handed him the cup and went to the sink. When the pain subsided, she returned to her post just in time to see Gregory fawn over Stephen as he handed him his drink. It was another rare day where Stephen had his latte to stay, and sat at a table in the corner by the windows.

"I have a plan," whispered Gregory loud enough to be heard over the coffee machines. "I'm totally going to tell Raphael that I want to empty the trash bins today."

"Why would you want to do that?" asked Brooklyn. She remembered being the new guy that was always made to do it, and there was nothing inviting about the task.

Gregory rolled his eyes. "Well because then I can wipe down the tables too and get a closer look at Mr. Hotshot. Can you just imagine, me, him, and no counter in between us." He sighed dreamily, looking up a nothing with a wistful smile on his face. When he decided to come back down to earth, Brooklyn was already talking to Raphael. "I hate you!" shouted Gregory with a laugh.

Brooklyn kept her head down when she emptied the garbage and averted her gaze when wiping down the tables. When she got to the table next to his, she stole a peek at his perfect profile just as he looked up from his phone. They made eye contact and he smiled.

"Are you done with that?" was all she could manage to say, pointing at his almost empty coffee mug.

"I am, thank you."

Oh, my god! His voice! His voice! Brooklyn willed her hand to be steady when she took his mug and prayed she wouldn't trip or fall or do anything remotely embarrassing as she made her way back to the safety behind the counter.

Gregory was giggling. "You were walking like you had a stick up your ass!"

"Shut up!" Brooklyn threw the rag at Gregory and looked to see of Stephen had heard anything, but he was thankfully gone.

"Oh jeeze, that was better than if I got to go out there."

Brooklyn fought her giggle but soon she was joining Gregory and the rest of the staff looked at them in confusion, wondering what was so funny.

Brooklyn made sure to sit at the front during mass, and her eyes remained glued to Father Mathias in hopes that he would make eye contact. But not once did their eyes meet. She was ready to throw a tantrum, pull out her hair, go on a hunger strike, anything to express her despair.

And her inability to pleasure herself was taking its toll on her. She quickly learned what he meant when he had said that suffering would show her true pleasure, because she was certain the smallest touch in the right spot would trigger a life changing orgasm.

Mass ended and like the previous week, he was gone after the flurry of parishioners. She lit a candle and prayed. She stayed there until the church's activity died down with her hands clasped together and her eyes closed.

"Do not open your eyes, my child."

His voice sent violent shock waves through her body. Her craving for him was immense and it took all her will to obey him.