Chapter 6: A New Task

Brooklyn was grateful for Page's distance since the spa, but it was the weekend and that annoying itch to go out and get forget-my-name-drunk returned.

"Oh wow, you decided to call me for once," was Page's greeting.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh nothing. Just that lately I always seem to be the one reaching out to you. I was starting to wonder whether or not you still wanted to be my friend."

"You know that's not true." Or was it?

"Okay, good. So, I was literally just about to call you to tell you to come over to my place. You can just borrow something. We're going out to The Rooftop tonight. I'll see you at eight, sharp. Byyyye." Page was like a tornado. She was in and out and you had no idea what hit you.

Brooklyn held her phone away to look at it in awe over how Page could pelt out commands then hangup with the confidence that they would be obeyed. Which only made her cringe because again, she was about to prove Father Mathias right.

Brooklyn chewed on her bottom lip as she sat in the bus, wondering how to go about asking Page what happened on Sunday after freaking out at the spa. There was also the option of just forgetting about it and pretending that she didn't wake up naked between Page and Sam, or the fact that Page spoke of that night as if something really had happened.

Brooklyn arrived at Page's condo at eight and was pulled to her walk-in closest with out even a hello.

"Try this. It'll totally show off your awesome cleavage."

"Page?"

"And these shoes. Oh my god, yes! These will look great."

"Page?"

"Aaaaand, hmmm, what about this necklace. The pendant will hang right between..."

"Page!"

"What?!"

"What happened on Sunday?"

"Ugh, talking about things that already happened? How boring."

"Seriously, what, happened?"

"I know what you need. You need something to make you less... uptight. And I might have just the thing."

"Page, stop."

Her friend sighed. "We all got really fucked up and horny and had a threesome. Kay?"

"Did I..."

"Fuck my boyfriend? Yes you did, and it was hot. Now can you get over it?"

Brooklyn felt like she was going to throw up.

"Oh my God, stop being all dramatic. We all had fun. I think you had the most fun." Page sidled up to Brooklyn and pressed herself up against the length of her body. "It was nice getting to know you in more, intimate ways. I knew you'd be the best best friend I ever had. You never, disappoint me."

"Page..."

Brooklyn's tone made her friend draw back. "I knew you were regretting it," she said with a pout. Her eyes filled with tears and her bottom lip quivered. "I was so happy about it and then when you left in the morning without saying anything... I just knew."

She's actually ready to cry? Thought Brooklyn in disbelief. Page never cried. But of course, not one tear dropped.

"I don't know what to think Page. I don't remember anything. That's what bothers me."