Chapter 14: Mercy

There was no hesitation when Brooklyn arrived on Monday. Whatever fear she had for the church was gone, at least for this specific one. But as she entered the building and went towards the back, a different kind of unease came over her.

Stephen.

Father Mathias' living room was dimly lit like the last time and small table beckoned her. She lit the candle then knelt to pray. The priest still hadn't come and she was done praying, so she prayed that she would make the right decision. She heard Father Mathias enter the room. Brooklyn didn't move and continued to pray. He was silent for a moment. Then he approached her. She twitched, her body responding to his nearness and drawn to him like a magnet, but she kept her betraying limbs in place.

He sighed so heavily before falling to his knees behind her, and pulled her into his arms. Whatever reservations she had on her way in melted away in an instant. She was putty in his arms.

"I am overtaken by your divinity, my child. Every day I'm surprised again and again over how much you affect me."

Brooklyn twisted in his arms to look up at him and grasped his cassock desperately. "I feel like I'm drowning, Father." And it was true. Drowning in him and drowning in indecision... in fear.

They sat there for a while in a primal embrace that spoke words of ownership and devotion.

"Please kiss me, Father," she pleaded quietly. She was certain he would deny her, but to her surprise, he showered her face with kisses before claiming her lips. Brooklyn moaned into his mouth, barely lucid enough to marvel at how just a kiss could elicit such erotic sounds from her. She turned some more so that she could straddle and wrap her legs around him, pressing her breasts against his chest. This earned her a groan.

Father Mathias stopped the kiss abruptly. "That is enough, child."

"Why?"

"Stand up," he ordered.

"No."

Her refusal surprised him. "Do not, make me repeat myself."

"I won't get up until you tell me why you keep pushing me way." Her petulance set a fire ablaze in his eyes, one of anger, and she knew she was treading dangerous waters, but she was spurred on by Stephen's words. She wanted the priest to show her just how much he wanted her and that if push ever came to shove, that he'd chose her.

"Get up."

"I can't go on like this. I need you so much it hurts."

"Have I not given you pleasure the last time you were here? You're being ungrateful and that is something I will not tolerate."

Brooklyn stood up and crossed her arms. "I want more. I want to see you more. I want you touch me more. I want you to fuck me!"

He stood up too, his jaw clenched. Her forwardness and vulgar words surprised him. "How dare you curse in the house of God?"

"Are you kidding me?! Of all the things, you're going to get hung up on the fact that I said fuck?"

Father Mathias grabbed her hair and tugged it so that she was forced back down to her knees. She winced. "You've been so obedient. So surprisingly adept. But now, now you have crossed the line," he said, unknowingly echoing her fears after her date with Stephen. There was more than one line that she had crossed than he was aware of. "And have earned yourself correctional punishment." He shoved her so that she was on all fours. "If you know what's good for you, I suggest you do not move."

Brooklyn flinched from his tone and panted with fear. Never had the priest spoken to her that way. He went towards the back of the rectory then returned to her side. He tore down her pants and panties and without warning, blinding pain shot through her body. It hurt so much she couldn't even cry out from her throat tightening up. Only a strangled gasp managed to escape her lips.