Sample of Rapture

"Can I have my hand back please?" said Brooklyn with a laugh.

Gregory ignored her and continued to admire her ring. "You said yes, right?"

Brooklyn smacked him playfully. "I'm wearing the ring, aren't I?"

"Good, because if you didn't I'd snatch him up for myself."

"And what about poor Kevin?"

Her friend looked up at her with a blank stare. "Who?" he said, before bursting out in laughter that ended with a sigh. "Even though Stephen rivals with Kevin's good looks, I'll bet my life savings that he cannot cook like my man."

Having been over for dinner many times now, Brooklyn nodded in agreement. "I hate to admit it, but your right."

"Are you going to keep me hanging, or are you going to tell me how he proposed?"

Brooklyn smiled and stared off into space with a dreamy look on her face as she remembered the other night. "It was so simple, and so thoughtful." She looked at Gregory. "He recreated our second date."

"Why the second date?" he asked, confused. "Wouldn't he recreate the first one, if at all?"

Brooklyn shook her head with a smile, cherishing the secret of the second date's importance before sharing it. "The second date, he wanted to surprise me and panicked and ended up choosing to take me to the movies. I was disappointed and he noticed so he admitted he had planned a night on his yacht but doubted his decision because I didn't seem to be about all of that. Which was true. So I had told him to do what was special for him." Brooklyn paused.

"And?"

"And he took me to his office. Said that it was where he worked but also where he went to find peace. It has an amazing view of the city and he ordered Chinese takeout and we talked. Then we ended up going to the movies."

"Wow. So normal, but still so, romantic."

"I know right?"

"So he recreated that night, and?"

"And what?" Brooklyn looked at Gregory innocently."

"Oh my god! When and how did he pop the question?"

A few people looked over at them, annoyed with Gregory's dramatics.

Brooklyn giggled. "Oh, right. That." She tried to tame her smile. "Well we did go to the movies. And, he insisted we sit through the credits out of respect for the cast and crew. I thought that was weird because we never sit through the credits. Then at the end, a video came on and he proposed to me via the big screen. I was so caught up in what he was saying that I never turned to look at him. When it finished, and I finally looked at him, he was," Brooklyn stopped and laughed, "he was kneeling, holding out this ring. You know how he is about his suits and there he was, kneeling in popcorn. It's not like I didn't believe it before, but that moment confirmed that he truly loves me."

Gregory sighed. "Wow," he breathed. "I'd never mess up a pair of Armani dress pants for anyone."

Read more here >>> https://www.wattpad.com/701126484-rapture-chapter-one-an-engagement

com/701126484-rapture-chapter-one-an-engagement