Chapter 19: Undone

Brooklyn's phone rang. "Come to me, now."

Her heart stopped at the sound of Father Mathias' voice. It had been a little over a week and a half since she had last seen him. And it had been a brutal one. Brooklyn had turned down multiple shifts and was on thin ice with management, she had forgone her tasks, and spent her days hiding and crying under her blanket.

"I can't," she whispered. "After what happened..."

"Is it the church, or me, that you're avoiding?"

"Both."

"I miss you," he said after a stretch of silence.

Brooklyn took a deep breath, looking up at the ceiling as if it would yield her some much needed answers. There was no denying her suffering in Father Mathias' absence. It was like the color had been seeped out from the world. Everything was muted.

"But are you sure? What about the deacon?"

"The rectory wasn't built for two people. He's a safe distance a few blocks down. Now, are you done questioning my judgment?"

"Yes, Father." As she spoke those words, all the color came rushing back and her senses woke up, hungry for whatever the priest had to offer. She quickly got ready and went to him.

Father Mathias was waiting for her in his living room.

Brooklyn was unsure of what to do, so she defaulted to his instruction to wait for him by the table. He watched as she slowly took off her clothes and folded them.

"Come," he said when she went to go kneel.

She went to him and stood in front of him with her eyes downcast. When he didn't speak or move, she fell to her knees and waited. He buried his finger in her hair and pulled her against him, pressing her face into his inner thigh.

"You will not go home tonight."

Brooklyn looked up at him in surprise. Has he lost his mind?

"And tonight will be arduous for you," he promised. "Hold out your hands."

She held them out and he cuffed them. The priest pulled her up to her feet and to the bedroom, guiding her to the foot of his bed. He restrained her to a bedpost that had already been outfitted with chains for this purpose. Then he stripped his own clothes and climbed into bed after turning off all the lights but the one on his nightstand. The lamp cast a soft glow, lighting up the warm olive tones in her skin, highlighting each dip and curve of her body.

He silently watched her and Brooklyn looked down at the floor. "You will stay there all night."

"Yes, Father."

She kept her eyes downcast and peeked up from time to time to find the priest still watching her. His hunger for her seemed endless and she wondered how he could tie her up and not use her. But through her training, she discovered he had many appetites, and they were satisfied by different means. So tonight, he would watch her and sleep knowing she was serving him, pleasuring him, just by sight.

"I cannot stop marveling over your beauty, your beauty of body and spirit," said Father Mathias. He got out of bed and went to her. He ran his fingers across her cheekbone and followed his touch with light kisses. The simple, but unexpectedly erotic contact had her moaning. He chuckled. "So responsive," he mused.

"Father, I need you, please."

"You have been spoiled, my child."

Brooklyn knew what that meant. "For how long?" How long do I have to go without coming?