Bonus Edited Chapter 5 Scene

Hi! It's been a while. I'm currently working through another round of editing. As mentioned before, this current edit I'm concentrating on filling out the scenes a bit more, adding scenes, and adding maybe one or two more chapters where necessary. The plot must thicken! The final edited version won't be available on here, but will be available for purchase through platforms such as Amazon by early Spring of 2024.

However, I was working through Chapter 5 and changed the opening scene for it a bit and couldn't help but share it. I feel it portrays a more realistic moment for when she starts to discover her masochism and all around just feels more....right. Anyway, I hope you like it as much as I do. *heart emojis!*

And again, if you haven't yet, please make sure to vote on the chapters you loved most and make sure to follow for announcements or for more, possible, bonus scenes/edits.

Ashley

A further update. I have replaced the bonus edited scene with its most recent version. It falls a little out of context as the current draft is drastically different from the one you have just finished reading on here. The last few years, I've been meticulously editing and refining Brooklyn and Father Mathias' story even further. I'm happy life got in the way and that the eventual publishing of this story had been set back, because I have to say, what I thought was ready before is nothing compared to where the story is now. I've grown as a writer and as a participant of the BDSM lifestyle and, hopefully, have managed to bring that sophistication to Mercy.

Some feedback focused on how quickly things progressed and the inaccurate message of safe BDSM practices. I argued that this was fantasy and wasn't intended to be a handbook on BDSM 101 or PR for the lifestyle. And it absolutely still isn't, but it does lean closer to my intention of writing something that honors the beauty and healing that can be found in the lifestyle, while still addressing the fact that life is messy and doesn't always give much room to textbook behavior. Afterall, we are all humans with the best intentions that can sometimes fail to translate well into the real world.

I will sign off with saying thank you to those who have continued to 'lurk' and for your patience as I worked through this project. It started off as distraction and some fun, but has turned into a huge passion pieced for me, and I wanted to give it the best chance it had once I was ready to release its final form out into the world.

Ashley

Chapter 5 - Opening Scene (edited)

Brooklyn knocked on Father Mathias' office door. Entering the church had gotten easier, but after yesterday's attempt at prayer, she was back to trembling.

"Come in, child," called out Father Mathias.

Once in the priest's office, her unease dissipated. Brooklyn felt a level of calm that was foreign to her with Father Mathias. Even in her distressed state the first day she had met him, she had felt it.

"Please, have a seat."

Brooklyn sat and waited expectantly for his next words.

"I see you have the list with you." He nodded towards the papers that she held with a tight grasp.

Brooklyn tried to relax her hands and the papers stuck to her sweaty palms. She handed them over to him and watched his face closely as he looked over the first page, hoping to find signs of mutual interest and not judgment. She had reminded herself when she was filling them out, that he couldn't judge her responses because he himself had given her that list which, in her opinion, was somewhat of an admission on his part.

His expression gave nothing away. But there was something amiss. "Is there something wrong, Father?"

"I should have waited until we finished negotiating before spanking you yesterday. I apologize."

"I was... I am, okay with what happened yesterday," she said quietly, embarrassed to admit such a thing.

"It wasn't an assumption for me to make, but I had assumed." They looked at each other silently, the priest in obvious deliberation. "Bend over across my desk." His command was quiet and Brooklyn instinctively knew it was because he felt he had lost some level entitlement to his role over her. This only strengthened her trust in him.

Brooklyn moved quickly to exaggerate her eagerness in hopes of reassuring him that she was all right and still wanting to be there in the capacity they had agreed upon. She looked at him expectantly. Her face was so close to his chest that she could tell he was doing his best to control his rapid breathing from excitement. Father Mathias stood and walked around his desk to stand behind her.

"May I see your bottom?"

"Yes, Father," she answered right away. Brooklyn wore pants this time, and he pulled them and her panties down to her knees in one, swift movement.

"How did the spanking make you feel?"

"I don't know. Humiliated, I guess," she mumbled.

He pinched her still tender flesh.

"Father!" she added.

"Yet you say that you're okay with what happened?"

"It wasn't in a bad way. I don't know how or why..." Her voice trailed off when she heard his stifled groan.

"How else did it make you feel?"

"Turned on," she whispered. "Father."

"Hmm. Have you looked at yourself?"

Brooklyn shook her head. But she had rubbed the sore spots throughout the day.

He gently squeezed her bum. "Does it still hurt?"

"A little, Father."

"Whenever you felt the tenderness of your bottom, how did it make you feel?"

Her cheeks turned red when she remembered her day yesterday, working in a constant state of arousal.

"Answer quickly."

"It reminded me of you and made me very wet." She hid her face between her forearms, pressing her forehead against the cool wood of his desk. It struck her then, the irony of her ability to admit anything related to her sexuality to him. A priest.

"Mmm, very good. You have a delightful response to pain, child. As I'd suspected."

What exactly, Brooklyn wondered, were the tells of how someone would respond to pain? She thought back to the moment he had landed the first spank. It hadn't been a welcome sensation. So why had she been all right with it happening and with the prospect of it happening again?

"Are you going to spank me again, today, Father?" she whispered.

"Is that what you want?"

"I said I was okay with it, Father," she said meekly.

"Is that- what- you want?" he repeated.

Brooklyn pressed her lips together. She wasn't sure what she wanted.

"Answer the question, child. Do not make me ask you again."

Brooklyn's cheeks burned so hot she couldn't feel them. "Yes, Father," she whispered.

"Speak up, child."

"I want you to hurt me!" she blurted. "Please, Father." Her own words surprised her because they had left her lips before she could really deliberate if and why that was what she wanted. But she was grateful for her impulsive answer because it saved her from the torture of having to truly own up to her decision. The accountability, she could deal with later when she was alone, where shame found her one way or another anyway.

Father Mathias pressed his palm against one cheek, then the other, before landing two, sharp and quick slaps on each one. They drew out a small whimper from her. He leaned over her; his weight pressing her hips into the edge of the desk and made her turn her head to the side as he pulled her hair away from her face. With his thumb, he traced her hairline down to her ear before leaning in closer so that she could hear his whispered words.

"Close your eyes, child. What you felt yesterday was but a taste of what you will endure."