Chapter Twenty Two

~~Your P.O.V~~

"Hi Chase..." You call softly, your tone almost embarrassed. At the sound of your voice he spins on his heels to face you, acting as if he wasn't quick enough you might simply disappear before his eyes.

"You really are here..." He states, although it seems more like it was to himself than anyone.

"Umm, yeah..." You reply, not exactly sure where this conversation is headed.

"Here, of all places..." He says to himself with a slight laugh, a wave of suspicion surging through you as you watch. Taking a quick glance in Loki's direction you can see he seems confused, or calculating all the ways this situation could take place. Though your eyes must've stuck to him a bit too long, grabbing Chase's attention.

"And...him, what's he..." Chase asks, gesturing to the general direction of where Loki's standing beside you. You look up to him, hoping to get some sort of answer to that question, yet he seems to be looking at you with the same question in mind.

"We're still working out what this is exactly." Deciding it's the best description for your situation currently. "So, what's up?" You ask in hope of an answer as to why this sudden visit is taking place.

"What's up? Seriously?" Chase replies incredulously, anger clearly beginning to boil beneath the surface. "You practically disappear for three months, sending a text or two every once in awhile, and when I finally figure out where you are and come to you all I get is 'what's up'? I don't know what world you're living in but in this one that's not how friends should act." He exclaims, all the pent up frustration finally bursting at the seams.

You stand there in shock, completely taken back from his sudden outburst. Chase had always been louder, but never exactly voiced his opinions. Voiced them yes, but never in public, he would sit in silence and judge you without saying a word then discuss it with Quinn and yourself with laughter after they were long gone.

"I-I'm..." You stutter only to find yourself speechless as you let his words fully sink in. And he was right.

"When you first left Quinn, you remember her right?" Chase questions, leaving no room for your response. "She was in a frenzy, thinking that maybe the note on the counter was phoney and you'd been kidnapped or something. But I convinced her that was absolutely crazy and that you'd call any minute, we waited a month and a half until you deemed us worthy to hear your, very brief might I add, explanation."

With each sentence he spoke, the words flooding your ears, the hole in you stomach seems to expand. The dread, guilt, anxiety all piling up, dragging tears up with them. You try your best to conceal them, blinking over and over, yet they still manage to escape to stream down your face as you stand, silent and unmoving. Sometime during the tears you notice the hand clasped to your own, a minuscule sense of relief coming with it, though it doesn't last long enough.

"Darren was almost as bad as Quinn, he couldn't get it around his head that you were even capable of abandoning everyone like that. Especially for a brother you told him you hadn't wanted, until he showed up." That triggering something in you, your head snapping up to meet his, fury in your eyes.

"When did I ever say I didn't want my brother back?" You growl, Chase stopping his rant as he sees the pain and anger coursing through you. "I pretended he didn't exist for the longest time, but I never stopped wishing for him to come back. Not once." You fire back at him, the words feeling like venom on your tongue as you spit them out. "And if this some attempt to try and reconcile with you, I'm sorry. I really am, but if you're going to come here ask for an apology then continue to insult me, you can go ahead and leave." You practically yell at him, you know it's harsh and you may even regret your words, but your with your emotions running high you force your mind to focus right here and right now.