Chapter Two

~~Loki's P.O.V~~

I look up from my book to see the one they call, Captain Rogers entering the library within the walls of the Avengers tower.

"What are you doing?" He asks, suspicion sulking in the back of his eyes.

"What does it look like Mister America?" I spit at him rolling my eyes, and look back down to my page.

"Umm, do you know where the... I don't know, more modern, books are?" He questions, his face showing obvious signs of embarrassment.

"There." I gesture to the shelf closest to door, it is packed with books from this era, unlike the once he is familiar with.

"Now, if you wouldn't mind, I'm in the middle of something. I suggest that you exit the way you came and leave me, before I throw this book at a wall." I growl, glaring down at the page.

"Why would you throw the book? What has it ever done to you?" He ask, once again in the same suspicious tone as before.

"It has torn out my heart, shattered it to pieces, and then had it abandoned at the oceans floor." I reply, not removing my eyes from the page as I continue to read.

"Oh... thanks, I guess." Rogers says to me before exiting with a few different books of the modern sort tucked under his arm. "Drama queen..." I hear him mutter to himself as he exits the room.

I growl in frustration as I flip the page, yet another one of my favourite characters is to be sent onto a journey that, realistically, they will never return from. But this is not always the case, considering the fact that it is a fictional story. So there's hope.

'City of Heavenly Fire, the final book. Who will parish I wonder...' I think to myself, I have finished all the others and I'm dreading this one a bit. Sebastian seems to have the right idea, but is going about it entirely wrong. But what can I say, I tried to do relatively the same thing and my plan failed miserably. Maybe things will go his way, you can never really be sure.

XXXX

"Mister Loki, lunch has been brought to the lounge area, they others thought you may want to be notified." A voice speaks out from no place in particular. I have learned that its name is Jarvis, the artificial intelligence system.

I place a small book mark from the desk beside me and stand, wincing as I do so. This simply because I haven't moved in about five or so hours. I head out the passage and walk to the elevator, I apply a small amount of pressure on the button and it springs open.

"Lounge." I mutter at the system and it begins to slowly make its way up.

I exit the small lift to see Agent Barton scrambling around the room asking opinions on ties. They all look up when they hear the door open as I step into the rather large area. Stark is beside the bar with a glass of some sort of alcoholic beverage, Agent Romanoff is on the couch, and Rogers is trying to figure out how to use a small hand held device. Looking around I see boxes of different kinds littering the coffee table in the centre of the room. Within the cardboard contraptions is what the Midguardians call 'pizza'.

I grab a slice of pepperoni from one of the boxes and sit down on a leather chair off in a corner. It's close enough to grab another slice if need be, but far enough to not be bothered by the Avengers, Stark in particular.

"Blue or red?" Barton practically yells at my face.

"Mauve." I state ignoring the options, simply taking a bite of pizza, not removing my eyes from my book. I must admit that I happen to be a little disappointed that no one understands my reference. I mean really, don't you people read?