Chapter Thirteen

New chapter, yay! Some feels, I hope you guys like it! Leave me some comments, don't forget to vote, and follow please!
~Laynna

~~Loki's P.O.V~~

I keep my face neutral, although I am most definitely taken back. I haven't a single clue as to how Fury would have untainted this information, I have no knowledge of ever sharing the name of the 'man' that seems to haunt my dreams every night with anyone, except perhaps my mother. Who would have then told Odin, who would have told Thor, who at that point would have told Fury...Fuck.

"What in the nine realms are you talking about?" I question him, my voice feigning shock and anger of what he's decided to accuse me of.

"Loki," Fury says, tone brimming with warning. Seeming ready to make any call if I decide not to cooperate.

"I know nothing of what you speak of." My voice confident, unfazed by his threatening tone. Ready to sell him any lie deem worthy.

"Don't lie to me." He deadpans, his face stern and unchanging as he looks down at me, knowing full well that all that's coming from my mouth is a lie. Nothing more, nothing less than a simple lie, though a matter of trust to many, it's nothing for me. A simple slip of the hand and no one knows a thing, no one getting hurt unless intended.

Yet if the victim of the lie were to somehow know it's a lie... that could end in some fatalities.

My smile falters for a moment realizing the potential damage that could be done if I decide to keep up with this act. The endless lies I tell, only letting facts be known when it is most needed, helping only when my own safety is comprisable.

"I think you know a lot more about a lot of things than you let on. If would you cooperate with the rest of the team, I could see you being a real asset." He tells me before letting out small a sigh. "But that doesn't seem to be your style, helping others. You'd rather be the one making sure that you have the upper hand against all others, right?"

I open my mouth to answer only to stop myself a second after, unable to find the words to protect myself. Wanting to battle, protect against the daggers being fired against me, but having nothing to defend myself with. Simply because the world sees me in one light, the psychotic power-hunger maniac, the killer, the monster, and who am I to attempt to change that.

"I know you don't want to be the villain in your story anymore, and I'm giving you a choice, an offer to change that story. Wether or not you take me up on that offer is up to you, you can help us out and tell us everything you know on this guy... or you can keep it to yourself and continue being the villain so many believe you to be." He questions, leaning down against the desk, head tilting in the slightest so to give an almost accusing stance. Eyebrow raised in questioning, waiting for my answer.

"So what's it gonna be, change your fate, potentially saving the future, or continue with your sulking, sarcasm, and self pity?"

~~Your P.O.V~~

You walk out of your bathroom in your own fresh clothes to find yourself alone, the file on the desk gone along with the company that had been with you minutes ago. Seeing as how you had told Loki he was free to take the file you don't think you'll be getting it back all too soon, instead you decide to take a break and attempt to find your brother.

You walk out of your room making your way to the elevator, entering you look at the seemingly endless number of buttons and simply stare, unable to comprehend even a guess as to what floor he would be located on.

"Can I help you Miss?" A British voice asks emitting from the speakers all around you.

"Jarvis!" You exclaim both slightly frightened and relived at the same time. "Yes, can you tell me what floor my brother is on?" You ask hoping he isn't too busy, otherwise you'd have to 'socialize'. That didn't work out for you too well in the lab with who, at the time you'd assumed it was Tony, only to have it turn out to be Bruce, ending in a very awkward departure.