Chapter Twenty

Thank you to everyone for all the love this story is getting, hearing from you all and getting your feed back is absolutely wonderful! You are all so amazing getting this book to 16.9k reads and 630 votes, is insane! I love you guys so much and I'm overwhelmed by the amount of support this book gets on a day to day basis. So I want to thank everyone of you who reads this you are fantastic!
Also I know I left you on a cliffhanger last chapter and many of you are just itching to know the result of your words to Loki so I won't make this any longer!
Wow that was a lot of exclamation marks.
~Laynna

~~Loki's P.O.V~~

The words just seem to drift from her mouth as she exhales, looking down towards her feet, though the rosy tinge of her cheeks is still rather visible from my angle. Though for the life of me I can't help but wonder why, from what I understand it's a rather broad term, not implying too much intimacy, yet she looks as if the worlds greatest secret has just been spilled.

"I like you too..." I reply, not bothering to attempt to conceal my utter lack of understanding. My brows are forced to furrow even further when (Y/N) lets out an almost animal like groan of, what I can only assume to be, frustration.

"You don't get it," She tells me, though it's no louder than a whisper. She raises her head to meet my eye, only to have her eyes closed, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration, something I find she does often while working, or when she assumes no one is watching. "I like you." (Y/N) repeats once again, albeit putting more stress on the word this time, as if trying to wrap my head around some other meaning that I'm not aware of. She finally opens her (E/C) eyes, a hint of fear in them as she takes another breathe.

"I-"

"I mean, romantically." She states, voice brimming with irritation as she speaks, though her eyes try to hide a sadness behind them. My eyes widen in shock as what she's said finally clicks somewhere in my mind. "I like you romantically." She admits, looking down at her feet once more, obviously no wanting to watch my reaction, expecting some terrible outcome. "And I know this is going to mess with our research, and we'll probably never be able to look at each other the same way, and this is all my fault and I should have just kept it to my-"

I cut her off, not with words, not even with magic. Leaning down I gently cup her cheeks in my hands and place my lips against her own, the world around us fading to nothing as she begins to return the gesture. Pulling away only when our lungs could take it no longer.

"Like I said," I say as I rest my the top of my head against hers, brushing a stray hair out of her face. "I like you too." I tell her, looking into the (E/C) orbs staring back at me. This time there wasn't a hint of confusion to be found in my response, only truth and compassion.

~~Your P.O.V~~

You can't help but let out a short laugh as he pulls you close, just holding you like the night before. You lean into his touch, as you're finally able to control your laughter you speak.

"That was probably one of the cheesiest ways to try and cover up your cluelessness, ever." You state with a smile as you turn to face him once again only to find him already gazing at you. "Yet, you still managed to pull it off."

"Of course I did." He states confidently. "I'm Loki, of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious coverups." He replies, a smirk sliding across his features when as small set of giggles escapes you. He holds you again, the two of you looking out the large window of the room to the skyline of New York City."You called me handsome the first time we met." Loki says, causing you to turn around rather abruptly, a baffled look overthrowing your calm expression from only moments ago.