The Baby Momma

The following weekend I called Trey and asked if we could speak. He was in a bad mood so I drove over to his house to see what was going on. He hadn't called the kids or me in days and I was worried. While Trey and I didn't have a perfect relationship we had been working on things and if this summer trip was a real go then I would have to talk to him about Caleb and our possible move. But when I reached his house there was a for sale sign out in the front and the door was half-way open. I knocked but it wansn't like anyone was coming to the door. So I walked inside and the place was just destoyred. I mean there was graffitti on the walls, windows were broken and like all these picture frames were just smashed in half. I walked around calling Trey's name but he didn't respond. I walked around upstairs and it was like a ghost town but there was noise. I had to walk around to see where it was coming from but then I found Trey on the floor. He was just laying there like I don't know what and I was really condcerned so I ran over to him to see if he was still alive. Dude smiled when he saw me and then started blabbering something. I went to get him some water but it was like there was nothing left in his house. Now I'm just the baby momma, where the hell is his wife at? She's the one that should be dealing with all these things.

Me, "Trey what happened? What happened to your house?"

Trey, "Who are you? What's going on?"

Me, "Do you need me to take you to  the hospital or something? Where is your phone?"

Trey, "What's going on? What day is it?"

Me, "Okay, come with me, let's just try and get on the bed. We can talk later"

After putting Trey into bed and watching him sleep I had to call in some emergency people. I called his brother Rick, my boyfriend Caleb and his manager Hudson. I was hoping that either Rick or Hudson knew what was going on because this was so out of the ordinary. Like I walked around the house to try and recheck on things but like there was nothing. It was like someone had just come in and taken everything in the house and now I was worried about who had been in the house. Trey had some cameras watching the house but nothing on the interior so I couldn't find anything. I didn't know whether to call the police or just wait and see what everyone else thought.

Me, "So what do you think happened here? Has anyone spoken to him recently?"

Hudson, "Well he was supposed to be heading to Houston for a show this weekend but seeing his condition I don't know if that's going to happen. I mean we have been texting and I called a couple times but his phone went to voice-mail. I just thought that he was busy"

Rick, "I talked to him like last week but I mean look at this place, it's crazy"

Me, "Okay, now where is his wife? I mean like shouldn't we be looking for her? Maybe she knows something"

Rick, "Last time we talked he told me that he wanted to speak with her about possiby taking a break. I know that they were having some problems and he didn't know if he could trust her or not"

Me, "Should we call the police? I mean like eveerything is gone here"

Hudson, "Can you go to his office, it's the last door on the right and tell me if his safe is still behind the handprint picture. He's got all his important document in there. IF those are gone then we need to call the police ASAP"

Me, "No they are still here but everything in this office is gone. Like where are his awards and stuff? I don't see anything in this office, I mean like what the hell happened in here"

Rick, "Okay, I'm going to call some of my buddies over ot clear this place out and then we are going to get some people to look into what happened before we get an agent on this. Seeing as how the wife is nowhere to be found I think that we can say that this is some type of revenge"

Hudson, "Now what are the most important things to him? We need to collect anyting that we can that's still here and then get to work on what's missing"

Rick, "Okay, I'll go upstairs and look around. I can figure out what's gone"

Me, "We need to keep an eye on Trey though. He's not a drinker and when I came here he could barely speak to me. What if there is something wrong with him?"

Hudson, "it's too much of a risk if we take him to the hospital. I don't want any media attention on this yet until we now the facts. Why don't I just call someone to come and check him out. Can you just stay with him for a bit?"

Me, "Yeah, sure"

Caleb, "Listen babe I can help you with him. I mean this is probably a bit strange but we can make this work"

Me, "Okay, let's go clear that room out. I mean good thing I came because who knows what could have happened. I mean this lady must be crazy if she can just destroy the house like this and not care about the state of her husband. Like what if my kids were here when this happened. This is just so crazy"

Caleb, "Listen right now we have to help the father of your children. We can think about that later. Okay"

Me, "Caleb this is crazy, I mean I can't believe this. Trey is a great man but I can't put my kids through something like this. They would be traumatized for life and I would just be helpless here"

Caleb, "Babe come on, can we just focus on helping Trey and finding whatever we can"

After searching Trey's room for almost an hour we discovered absolutuley nothing. But then I checked the bathroom and saw caught in the drain a wedding band. I picked it up and saw that it was chained to a bunch of other pieces of jewelry. I picked that up and went back into the bedroom. You know this just didn't make any type of sense because she had left all her clothes and things that could be ways of money and just took a bunch of irrelevant thing. I finally got the chance to speak with Trey about what was going on because this was just to messed up.

Me, "Trey hey can you remember me? Do you know what my name is?"

Trey, "Diamond I am not some type of idiot. I think I will never be able to forget you. Whose the man? Is that the guy you've been telling me about, what was his name Caleb?"

Me, "Trey now is not the time for jokes, Can you tell me what happened here? I mean your house has been destroyed"

Trey, "Look I just need you to make sure that my plaques and books are still here. They should be in my office on the back walls"

Me, "Listen Trey can you tell me what's going on first? I mean I haven't heard from you in days and then I come check on you and you are basically dead. Where is your wife at?"

Trey, "I guess that you were right. I guess we can't ever really know people. You know things were good with us for a second and then it just all fell apart. I mean she started going  really crazy and hanging with these strange people. I tried to ignore it but look at this place"

Me, "So you think that she could have done this?"

Trey, "No, I know for a fact that she did this. I mean who else would have the motive to do this to me"

Me, "So what do you want to do? I mean should we call the police or some type of private investigator?"

Trey, "Hey can you just check on those plaques and books. I could care less about this house anymore. I mean tell RIck to call some people to come in and clean it and then I'm going to put it in on the market. Toya can take everything here. I mean that ring could possibly set her back what maybe half a millon dollars right there"

Me, "She actually left it here. I was in the office earlier and the only thing left was the safe. Would it be in there?"

Trey, "No I had them on shelves, okay, listen can you please go and get Rick. I need to speak with him and Caleb nice meeting you, although I do wish that it had happened under better circumstances"

Me, "Rick can you come please. Trey wants to speak with you"